I am facing an issue, can any one help... why more than 30% is being deducted on my sales

Hi Everyone !

Is there anyone else who is facing the same issue or have noticed the same…

I have been selling at codecanyon from the past few years. Almost about to hit 700 sales :slight_smile: but recently i have noticed that for each and every single sale count more than 30% is being deducted as a market fee. What should i do … is there any issue with tax files submissions.

How to overcome the issue / any help would be really appreciated.

Please have a look at my profile as well. Check out products and let me know should i increase pricing or contact customers support.

For an average sale of $21 i am only getting $10… ???

Waiting for proper helpful advice’s …

Thank You

If you have submit the W8/W9 form, depends on the agreement between your country and USA, you will be paying less TAX for the purchases comes from USA. If you have already submit the info, there’s nothing you can do

You pay your author fee on base of your item price (gross sale)
Item price = List Price - Buyer Fee

Example: author fee 33,75%

$21.00 - $5.00 = $16.00 gross sale
$16.00 * 0,00% = $0.00 us withholding tax
$16.00 * 0,3375 = $5,40 author fee
$16.00 - $0.00 - $5,40 = $10,60 net sale

Slightly scary that you’ve been selling for a few years, but only just decided to look into how much you make per sale! But still… the only $21 items I’m seeing in your portfolio are PHP Scripts. The buyers fee for a PHP Script is $5.00. Take that from the list price and you’re then left with item price of $16… which your author fee is calculated on. Having made $10K your author fee might be as high as 35%. 35% of $16 is $5.60, take that from the $16 and you’ve got $10.40. Does that sound about right?

So it sounds like this isn’t a tax issue.

But isn’t that too much tax and author fee envato market is deducting !!! I am only selling exclusively at envato market but still author fee and tax deduction ratio is too much :confused:

Is there any proper way to overcome the issue. Should i submit tax info again… My last tax info was submitted in 2016… Should i submit tax info again !!!

Any help would be really appreciated

That depends… where are you from and how much tax are you having withheld? It’s the orange line on your statement page.

Ok thank you for your help let me check and try again with updating tax info again

Why are you updating your tax info again?

I got it wrong… (my bad). :confused:

From a sale of $21
The buyers fee for a PHP Script is $5.00.
Take that from the list price and you’re then left with item price of $16…
which your author fee is calculated on. Having made $10K your author fee might be as high as 35%. 35% of $16 is $5.60, take that from the $16 and you’ve got $10.40.
you said at php scripts 5% is deducted what about wordpress plugins etc… even at plugins the deduction cost is same or is there any difference with plugins and php scripts… ??

Alright Thank You Very Much For Your Help :handshake:

1 Like