How to edit a bootstrap HTML template

Hi, guys.

I’ve purchased a nice bootstrap HTML template, and would like to edit it now. By ‘editing’ I mean changing the texts, the pictures, adding some actions to the buttons, etc.

Does any visual editor for Mac exist for that purpose?

PS: I’m not a coder, but I had some small coding experience earlier.

Thanks,
Ruslan.

If it is just a HTML editor you can use notepad, text edit, Dreamweaver or probably be better off downloading a free HTML editor off Google like Sublime Text or Taco.

Yeah, but that is not very visual, right? Is there any visual editor? Well, I’ve seen some, but not sure if I can upload my purchased template onto the editors I’ve seen.

DragonRus said

Yeah, but that is not very visual, right? Is there any visual editor? Well, I’ve seen some, but not sure if I can upload my purchased template onto the editors I’ve seen.

No, not proper ones. There used to be programs like dreamweaver and Frontpage etc… with a visual editor build in. However these worked better (not perfect) with older html techniques that were used before the current html5. They can still be used but are not that visual anymore as all content flows in top of each other.

Maybe converting it to a simple CMS like this will be an idea?
Check out the preview and video.

Or did you refer to something like these? This is actually software for setting up user preferences and does not come straight out of the box like that. This is more for authors who want to sell HTML templates by themeselves.

Well hopefully this answer takes you further in the process.

Goodluck, Bianca

Buying something you do not even know how to use is not very smart idea.

Thank you, guys. I suppose that I cannot find any better solution for now than to edit everything in a text editor, because I don’t need to create anything new, but to edit an existing template. Thank you for the discussion though, it was useful for me. :slight_smile: