How to Use HTML Templates

so i got this free template and I don’t know how to edit it. I thought it could be compatible with Wordpress, but I was wrong. I don’t want this to be a waste and I am really open to learning. Can you guys help on how I can edit this template and use it for my website? Thanks

You need to get a html editor like sublime or brackets and modify the code changing the text and images

There are tons of free HTML tutorials online to help

1 Like

Would someone out there know why the html 5 responsive website template I purchased from Envato is having problems in Adobe Dreamweaver. CS6?

Define problems?

If you mean in terms of visual display and editing in design mode then that is simply that Dreamweaver is quite outdated and will struggle to handle functioning display editing on most templates

Thanks for responding. Dreamweaver will perform the request, but for about 10 seconds each time will give you a notification that Dreamweaver is not responding. It doesn’t seem to have a problem with older templates I use just this new one…‘The Crowd’. Could it be a script that this template has,like visual designer _builder,that could be hanging up CS6?

Possibly but it does often struggle with modern templates (for various reasons)

Hi again,

Is there a better software to use? - thanks

I use and love Adobe Brackets. Free and has live preview capabilities! Try it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for the replies. gonna try brackets and sublime and compare.

to be specific, the template I got was a gift from a friend. i’ll try to find it and send the link here. the thing about it though is that it’s quite complex with a log-in/accounts feature and uploading.

can anyone help?

You are going to need to do a LOT more than just use a HTML editor to make that work.

That type of login/upload etc. functionality is going to need to be made dynamic and use databases etc.

With respect that is really is not something for a beginner.

1 Like

understood. thank you.