for several months we are working on our first WordPress theme, but as a newbie I have some questions which bother me, and I’m looking for answers.
I noticed that themeforest society is very friendly so I decided to ask my questions on the forum, maybe you will share with me your experience:
- How looks your workflow for bugs reporting? From the bug report by the user, through fixing the error to update the fixed version of the theme?
- What tools do you use? – git, grunt / gulp, unit testing?
- Do you automatize interface tests? – if not, then how do you react when the new version brings new bugs? (Of course automation does not exclude new bugs but it reduces the risk of complications)
- Do you have come to the point where you decided to re-build your framework from beggining? – if yes, would you do it again?
- How looks your workflow for testing new version of your theme ? (when you bring new important features)
- How often do you add new functionalities and features to you theme?
- How do you organize team? Is it a rigid structure, where specific tasks and responsibilities (like bug fixing, code optimizing, designing new features and solutions etc.) are strictly assigned to particular members? or is it rather a fluid structure and assignment of tasks depends on changing factors?
I realize this is a lot of questions but I hope that someone will respond at least some of them.
Thanks for you time.