How does the license work for videos on Youtube

I’m really confused by the licenses on here. For example, this: https://videohive.net/item/140-flash-fx-elements/11266469

is literally nothing but a bunch of elements to use in videos. Here’s the issue. You’re telling me, you have to pay $33 every time you use just a single fire element or something along those lines in a video? That means if you do youtube videos, every time you make one where you want to add a quick electric element or whatever, you have to spend $33 again. Who on earth would do that? I’d rather just pay a designer somewhere a few hundred dollars to do exactly what I need, and give me the end product to use as much as I want. Am I missing something? I genuinely don’t believe the original seller expects this, and there’s no way purchasers actually use it in this way.

1 Like

It kind of seems like that would fall under a tool’s license similar to a PhotoShop action etc. But I’m not the license expert. For the expert opinion you will need to ask Envato Help and Support :smiley:

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Seo45!

For a YouTube series, one standard licence should cover you for up to 52 episodes of the same series, within a 12 month period. See this section of the VideoHive License FAQ for more details:

These are the sections that cover it:

Do I need a separate license each time I use an item in a series?
No. You only need to purchase the item once per series.

What constitutes a series (eg TV series, webisodes, or a magazine with monthly editions)?
To be considered a series, all things in the series (eg episode, edition) must be connected, and be released within 1 year of the first installment. There is also a maximum of 52 episodes or editions within the series.

Check with our support team (via KingDog’s link above) if you need more details on this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve seen that, but what constitutes as a “series”? Plus, there’s literally ones under the regular license that are youtube packs with transitions and things. Don’t tell me they didn’t intend people to use those in every youtube video they make. I honestly had no idea the license was so limited. I’ve purchased a good bit from Envato, but I guess I’m going to be taking my business elsewhere. Very idiotic licensing.

3 Likes