How do I package and export a Hubspot theme?

@HubSpotDevRel
I Have Completed a Theme.
I don’t know how to package it, how can I export the theme to the user? Do you have a sample package?
If I am a user , how can I upload a theme from my computer to use it?

Hi @nmc2010, you should be able to zip up the theme folder after you pull the theme down via the CLI. Below is a sample using our boilerplate files. Your theme name would replace MainThemeFolder

After zipping this up, you would have file with the structure above but as this file:

We are currently in the process of rolling out the Theme upload in app functionality. For now, simply uploading the files via the CLI to a portal should allow you to then use that theme in the portal.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
-AJ

1 Like

Hi @HubSpotDevRel , Thank you .

I think it is very difficult for users to use the code
Is there a way to simply upload file.zip and unzip the file?

Hey @nmc2010, this is totally understandable. From my previous comment, we are in the process of rolling out an upload feature in the UI for end-users (I’m checking internally on this now to see when it will be rolled out). Below is a sample of what this will look like.

When a user navigates to their themes area, they will see the upload button in the top right:

This will let them upload the zip file, where we then will unzip it and place it in the Design Tools (Design Manager) file area for the user.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

• AJ
2 Likes

Hey @HubSpotDevRel
How to show button “upload theme” ?

@nmc2010, per my previous comment, we are in the process of rolling this functionality out to portals. It is not available to all just yet. I am checking on the status of when this will be rolled out now. I will be sure to update here when I find the exact date.
-AJ

1 Like

@HubSpotDevRel Thank you so much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@nmc2010 Create a theme on your local dev env as the documentation. Once you upload it to your Design Tool, the “Upload Theme” button will be activated. Good luck!