Hi Envato community We need your Feedback Kindly comment what you think about? There is no criteria for templates review it is only based on reviewer kindness

Hi Envato community We need your Feedback Kindly comment what you think about?

There is no criteria for templates review it is only based on reviewer kindness i am very closely watch all videohive approved items and read forums , some time very basic items approved and some time very good item is reject ,
my 20+ item is reject in last 5 month all good one
Item Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9nCjGp8ebI

My frustration is

First time my item soft reject & second-time hard reject

i can’t understand what is wrong,
Reviewer comment below

First time
Smooth Modern Promo’ isn’t quite ready for VideoHive. But don’t fret, we’d love to see you resubmit after making the changes outlined by the reviewer below. When you’re ready, you can upload your changes here.

Here is the comment from your Envato Quality team reviewer:

In the help video it’s pretty hard to hear your voice, there’s too much background noise. Please re-record the audio or try to lessen the background noise.

We look forward to reviewing your submission once you’ve made the changes!

Regards,
Envato Market Team,

Second-time After fix background noise

Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “Smooth Modern Promo” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

Here is the comment from your Envato Quality team reviewer:

Upon further review by additional team members we have decided that this project doesn’t meet our strict quality standards.

We receive a lot of business/corporate capability-themed animations and therefore we’re very strict when reviewing these kinds of projects. Because there is so much competition in this genre, we only accept projects that we feel provide exceptional design quality and execution. Unfortunately, this project does not meet our high standards for this kind of style.

main point is First Reviewer Think Template is good For videohive but Second Reviewer Think not meet quality standard
Second Reviewer manipulate First Reviewer decisions,
so i don’t know what can i do

Kindly help me i am very frustrating after receive this e-mail
Sorry for my English
Thank you

Hi @mediahubyou. I and understand you frustration, since august when I got my first project accepted I got 30+ hard rejects, I really was counting them =). So the harsh truth is that this project should’ve been rejected from the first time. The accept of the project is not random as it seems. If you pull out last 5 corporate slideshows you will notice the difference with yours. So yours was rejected not because it is bad, but because it is not as good as recent approved corporate slideshows. A lot of projects which are more simple accepted every day but they reviewed in comparison with other projects in similar category. So when simple logo reveal is accepted it is accepted because it is good among other simple logo reveals, not because it is better than romantic slideshow. You’ve done a lot of work with this one I think anyone can notice this. What you can do is first of all fix the typography, right now it is messy for corporate slideshow. In your project with lower thirds it is much better than in this slideshow. Check other corporate slideshows to see how people alight there text. After that, find things that you don’t like in your own project and fix them too. After that make it, well you know, “shine”. Right now I think its lack this corporate feel, like when you know you see this slick style when looking on Apple or Mercedes commercial. Don’t be upset, I know it is hard but in the end, this rejects make your better author in the end. Even if you don’t feel like this right now. Good luck!

P.S. Hard reject doesn’t mean that whole idea is bad. I have 2 projects that were rejected at first, then I remade them a bit and then they were accepted. Hard reject is a chance to figure out yourself what is wrong and fix it.

I’m not sure there can ever be criteria when it comes to review. Sure, there will be training and guidelines and examples that people can refer to of what is good and what is not… but it would be impossible to have set criteria when it comes to quality. I mean, it;s all going to essentially boil down to “is it any good?”

And that is always going to be open to interpretation. I don’t think it would be possible (or wise) to have a set list of approved colours, colour combinations, fonts, how many placeholders there should be, what borders and transitions look like, exactly how long text is on the screen etc etc. There are just too many variables when it comes to what a great template might look like and/or consist of.

1 Like

Thank you your reply DigitalT1ger and SpaceStockFootage

i think you can’t understand what i’m saying i tell you full story this template rejection, First time i submit this template reviewer soft rejected due to video tutorial voice have noise, we make new tutorial without any noise and suumit for review after sum time we received mail,

Upon further review by additional team members we have decided that this project doesn’t meet our strict quality standards.

We receive a lot of business/corporate capability-themed animations and therefore we’re very strict when reviewing these kinds of projects. Because there is so much competition in this genre, we only accept projects that we feel provide exceptional design quality and execution. Unfortunately, this project does not meet our high standards for this kind of style.

if my template is not meet quality standards why First time soft reject.
This is my frustration. that,s why i am write There is no criteria for templates review it is only based on reviewer kindness.
i,am not blame any one, my philosophy is never give up one day you achieve your dreams but i,am very disappointed after this,

Thank you all fo you your kind words

I see what you’re saying… but if I was a reviewer I’d be looking for yes/no stuff first, before I judge the quality of the item itself. It would be quicker that way. So you’re looking at the thumbnail, the preview image, the preview video, is the file in the right format, does it open properly, are there any errors etc… then when that’s all good, I’d consider the quality. If anything isn’t right in the yes/no things (which are quicker to judge) then it’s a case of do not pass go.