[HELP] Hard rejected- Help required

Hi,
Today, I got the hard rejection for the first item that I submitted to themeforest. I really worked hard on this and tried to make sure everything is up to the mark. Here’s the reason they gave:

unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

I’ll be so grateful if you guys can help me.

http://pratsa.inspiworks.com/

Thank you!

Hello mate,

Not bad really, but this has already been done a million times on Envato, just look at how much mobile app templates are out there. Even more worse, many of them only have 2-3 sales. I think this niche is kinda overcrowded. Trying coming up with something that hasn’t been done yet.

However, there are still some design issues in your template, regarding Envato spacing and alignment standards. You still can do a lot better. Cheers mate, don’t lose it😉

2 Likes

Not much wrong just @cssninjaStudio said it’s so so overdone as a category and has to bring something fresh

2 Likes

@cssninjaStudio @charlie4282 Thank you so much for the feedback! I have a few follow-up questions to better understand the situation here:

1. The reason given for the rejection was “Your submission doesn’t meet our quality requirements”. If the item we submitted was too similar to existing items or the anticipated sale was too low, shouldn’t the rejection reason be either “Your submission is too similar to existing items” or “Your submission does not have sufficient commercial utility” ?

2. Oddly enough, the preview link was never opened by the reviewer (I have google analytics installed on the preview page). Is that normal?

3. I built my template on Bootstrap 3.5.0. Might that be the reason of rejection on technical grounds? Current version of bootstrap is 4.0.0

Thoughts would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Reviewers don’t need to open your link because they already have the files

1 Like
  1. There’s only one hard reject reason. They include all of the versions of it that you’ve listed.

2. They probably conduct an initial review just based on preview images or possibly the actual files… if they feel it’s good enough to proceed, then they’ll probably check all the included assets and links.

3. If it was just that, they’d probably soft reject it rather than hard reject it.

2 Likes

Thank you for the thoughts. I was under the assumption that they look at the preview link as it contains all the premium graphics as opposed to the preview files with just image placeholders.

As Envato grows, quality requirements grow too. As I said earlier, the fact that the chosen niche is overdone and that your template doesn’t bring anything new could be interpreted as a lack of quality.

I also advise you to use bootstrap 4 from now on. I personally think that the v3 grid relies too much on floats and makes creating modern layouts difficult. Flex box is the way to go today.