Free envato music and GEMA

i was googling for free music. I think the GEMA demands fees for every music played in germany and i need to prove that they don´t own them.

Is music from envate really free? creative commons zero? How do i prove the GEMA that they don´t own anything?

I intend to use it in a free video game.

guess commerical use is not allowed anyway?

thanks for respones.

First and foremost - Envato music is not FREE, it is royalty free, i.e. you don/t need to pay additional royalties. Some of authors registered in various author associations, managing music rights. In this case you need to fill special form - of course only if you plan broadcast usage. All info available on track page for each track.

ok. so each author has its own lizences.

is usage in a computer game considered to bo broadcast by law?

ok. so each author has its own lizences.

is usage in a computer game considered to bo broadcast by law?

would it work to simply disallow the user to use it if he is in germany?

are their other english-speaking countrys with laws that are important in that regard?

Performance Royalties is a complex topic. Especially when it comes to GEMA which has a very strict approach.

GEMA does not collect solely on broadcast (TV, radio), but on any public performance. A video game would probably fall under their claim as well.

As the rules may be different depending on the country, it is your responsibility as a buyer to make sure you comply with your local legislation and policies.