First hard reject. Just looking for some feedback to improve.

So my first Template got accepted after I fixed some small things (http://videohive.net/item/simple-2d-logo/13286284).
It’s pretty clean and didnt take much time.

Now I worked a little bit more on a template and after a week of travelling I come home to see that it got hard-rejected.
Here’s what they wrote:

Unfortunately your submission Modern Logo isn’t ready for VideoHive and cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or Envato Market policies. In order for submissions to be considered for sale they must be of high aesthetic and technical quality, unique to our library and cannot be in violation of Envato’s policies.

I fully understand if they dont accept it but I just want to get feedback, so I can do it better next time.

Here is the template: https://vimeo.com/144140768

Thanks!

Well, I’m no expert but I noticed right away that a lot of the objects had very jagged and pixelated borders, and whenever I do graphic projects I try and reduce that as much as possible. So, I guess if you wanted to, you could simply soften the edges of the rings and circles by adding an additional transparent ring at like 50% or 25% opacity to soften the edges.

Thanks for the feedback, but I’m not quite sure what you mean. The circles should look a bit like liquid , thats the style. I didnt aim to have simple circles. Maybe I just didnt get it right,

1 Like

The animation is liquid but if you were to slow down the video and look at each ring sprite by sprite, you’d see the rings have noticeably pixelated outer edges. I don’t imagine that’s the main reason it got rejected but something to consider because I see that a lot in rejected videos, it must just be a detail that affects the total quality.

alright, thank you!

yeah also don’t quite know why they rejected it :confused:
looks good to me
Only thing i don’t like is the first background colour, but that’s just personal taste.
Hopefully your next item will get accepted :blush:

Thanks for the feedback :]

Yea its unfortunate, maybe next time.