Hi, I’ll try to help from what I understand (take with a grain of salt):
I was emailed by themeforest that there was an update. The email had a link to where I could download the .zip of the theme update, but I don’t think this is necessary – when I successfully updated, I just did it from the dashboard.
Yesterday when I updated it, it was from versions 7.2.3 to 7.3.0. However, today it appears that there’s another update, to version 7.3.1. When I try updating it through the dashboard, I again get the error:
## Updating Theme soledad (1/1)
Downloading update from http://wp-updates.com/api/1/download/theme/EJtjYp9z-Pb8fCsMfgMNIA/soledad…
Unpacking the update…
An error occurred while updating soledad: **The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature**
so, I think I have to do the same thing as yesterday to update it.
What I did is in my first post in this thread, and my linked thread. I went to the server, copied my theme folder (mine was located in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/ and called soledad/). I did:
mv soledad backup_soledad
This is just going to that directory, and then changing the name of the
soledad folder to
backup_soledad. The problem is that it’s trying to update, but the folder it wants to create (I think?) is already there. I just changed the name, so if it messed things up, I could just change it back to fix it.
After doing those two commands, I went to the dashboard and updated through that (nothing having to do with manual zip files, etc). It worked, and appeared to keep all my customizations. However, no guarantees! maybe you’ve done something special that would get overwritten if you do this, I’m not very familiar with wordpress.
It’d be nice if they fixed this.
I just did the update from 7.3.0 to 7.3.1, doing what I said above. It worked fine. However! It appears that the
backup_soledad folder I moved disappears after doing the update from my dashboard! So it seems like it might search for existing folders with “soledad” in the name, and remove them. My settings/etc are still all working, but be careful.