Today we’re announcing the launch of version 2.0 of the Envato Market Plugin. This release improves stability, fixes a number of bugs, and lays the foundation for future feature releases.
What is the Envato Market Plugin?
The Envato Market Plugin was created a few years ago as a way to help customers validate their purchase and receive updates directly from their WordPress installation. This removed the friction of needing to download an updated item from Envato Market and upload it via FTP. A process that might be cumbersome for less experienced customers.
What’s changed in the Envato Market Plugin?
Along with a UI refresh, version 2.0 of the Envato Market Plugin:
- Fixes compatibility with the latest WordPress core update that was preventing single item tokens from operating
- Enables compatibility with the latest version of Envato’s API
- Improves error reporting when API updates fail
- Improves code structure to pass the latest WordPress Coding Standard tests
- Improves the layout of the Envato Market settings and item pages
Where do you access the latest version?
We’ve created a new landing page for the Envato Market Plugin that authors can use to download the plugin. We’ve also made the GitHub repo public so that authors can follow progress, contribute and help us identify any bugs as they implement it in their items.
What should authors do with the plugin?
We would like to see the Envato Market Plugin become the primary update method for WordPress items on Envato Market, especially as we begin to roll out new features. Integrating the Envato Market Plugin into your items helps to create a consistent update experience for customers.
We’ll be monitoring this thread for the next seven days answering questions. Please remember our community guidelines as you post. Thanks!