Element 3D Main Titles: Star Trek Into Darkness

I’ve just receive newsletter from Videocopilot, Andrew was working with J.J. Abrams on Star Trek Main titles. You can watch video here: http://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2013/09/main-titles-for-star-trek-into-darkness/
Everything is created with ELEMENT 3D :slight_smile:

I just watched a hour back, mind blowing stuff, and depth and the motion is unbelievable

I watched it yesterday, I was like :open_mouth: the whole time of the video =)

Awesome!
How he faked shadows at 04:27? :slight_smile:

3eka said

Awesome!

They’re not faked… he’s using an early version of Element V2 that includes real shadow casting.

Waiting for an “Inpired” template…

StencilMedia said
3eka said

Awesome!

They’re not faked… he’s using an early version of Element V2 that includes real shadow casting.

didn’t he promised to include shadows in v1?

flash my brain pathways like storm! Wonderful :smiley: thanks for sharing this miseld

miseld said

I’ve just receive newsletter from Videocopilot, Andrew was working with J.J. Abrams on Star Trek Main titles. You can watch video here: http://www.videocopilot.net/blog/2013/09/main-titles-for-star-trek-into-darkness/
Everything is created with ELEMENT 3D :slight_smile:

Great work, it's amazing the power of the plugin and the good work of this team ... They contribute a lot to our office ... ;) Thanks for sharing this Miseld!!! ;)

The compositing and design parts are outstanding, but am I the only one who thinks that the transitions between the fast motion through the space and slow motion around the objects are too jerky?

doru said
StencilMedia said
3eka said

Awesome!

didn’t he promised to include shadows in v1?

I may have missed some announcement or communication, but it’s always been my understanding that shadows are only for V2. I could be wrong.

vovkacg said

The compositing and design parts are outstanding, but am I the only one who thinks that the transitions between the fast motion through the space and slow motion around the objects are too jerky?

yes you are