Don't you think Themeforest quality is degrading day by day?

Someone is submitting a WP theme with a HTML demo instead of theme itself and it got approved (and it even has no schema markup, what SEO are we talking about ?!)
And I’m f**cking around one year developing a custom framework and getting soft reject after soft reject because reviewers have never seen what a php class looks like. This is ThemeForest.

No, for real
I added hunderds of options for anything.
Disable header on page and build your own ? Sure !
Custom colors for any menu element you add ? Sure !
20 ways to display your posts ? Sure !
Submit posts from frontend, with customizable form ? Sure !
Lazyload ? Facebook integration ? Track likes & views ? Manage how you want metas to display ? (sort) Excerpt sizes ? Image sizes ? Archive page layouts ? One click demo import (like really, import exact copy of the demo) ? Use page builder for header and footer ?
SURE SURE SURE !

And that author haven’t added even options to edit height of a goddamn slider. And it is accepted.

p.s. I have deleted theme after 16 soft rejections with stupid reasons. Now i’m building another one (link just to prove that design was not that bad - yet it is unfinished)

2 Likes

^ I understand what you’re saying, but the theme in the link you provided actually falls short of TF design standards. Maybe the design was the problem all along?

1 Like

Don’t bother with theme options too much as this is not the key to successful theme. Your theme need a lot of improvements in design (spacings, typography).

1 Like

It’s another theme, currently under development, but deleted theme had similar ways of displaying posts and options (bc it’s same framework), can’t provide demo, because I’ve deleted it too.

Still, I can’t understand how that theme (just like some other themes from that author) got accepted. It has a HTML demo instead of WP Installation, this way it’s easy to cheat PageSpeed Insights and GTMetrix.
It has NO SUPPORT for sidebars , as author said (which by default means soft rejection).
And it has misleading description (“SEO Optimized” - but not even schema.org microdata markup used, article titles are h2, or h3, or anything instead of h1… and so on… what seo are we talking about ?)

I had a theme named “Writers” just couple of days before this item was accepted … mine was hard rejected.