do the visuals on your profile make a huge difference in terms of making more sells?

Hello all!
I’m a new member of this forum and relatively new as an author. I want to ask, do the visuals on your profile make a huge difference in terms of making more sells? I am aware that the most important thing here is the good quality of the music pieces, but I also know that sometimes visuals can sell more than your music piece and wanted to know if that has been your experience so far?

2 Likes

Hi! I think that does not matter at all. I saw some authors who are already elite without the main picture, without the design of the profile page, or just a black square and a lot of sales.

5 Likes

Makes no difference. Most people will just find your track through the search, and buy without even visiting your profile.

5 Likes

Hi there! I guess, logo is the only part of your profile’s visual representation that does matter. And your logo looks very nice btw. And I think that splitting all your tracks into collections, and attaching those collections to your items’ pages is a good thing in terms of helping a potential buyer in navigating over your profile. Of course if you can consider this as a visual part of your author’s page.

3 Likes

Probably makes a tiny difference, all others things being equal, but not that much. Probably worth doing if you have time… but only just.

2 Likes

Thank you for the nice words

2 Likes

I think visuals help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am with @Sky-Productions here.

Having a professional looking profile/item page might not be essential for sales…Sure some of the top authors here have very simple looking profiles. But at the same time, I love what I do and I do want to pay respect to my music work by giving each track an art cover+video on my YouTube channel+Teasers to populate my social media…and I try my best to make my own profile page and every single item page as professional looking as possible. I do believe that when it looks good, people are more willing to listen to it and their expectations rise…making a sale more likely. But sure, the music has to be of good musical and production quality and it will always be the main factor here.

I hope that helps.

2 Likes

But if you do go ahead and populate your profile page with images, make sure you make them web optimised by reducing the file size! This is quite important. Check out my profile to see what I mean. There are lots of images there (as well as in every item page) but I try to make their size quite small to avoid increasing too much the load-time.

I used to think it didn’t matter, but 4 days ago I changed my profile and icon artwork and my sales really skyrocketed. It may be to soon to correlate though.

Hmmmmmm…
@WavebeatsMusic we dont upload directly to the profiles, we just link them here

Hi @ThePerformer, I know that. I also just use links to the images uploaded on an online server. But the advice to keep the file size low remains.

@ThePerformer, I just had a look at your profile. Man, what a GREAT logo…using the M for the black notes on the piano keyboard! very clever! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@WavebeatsMusic thank you. I was looking your profile and i can learn from it

1 Like

You have a great look Wavebeats…very nice work!

2 Likes

most important than visuals is having categories, like best sellers, action, dramatic , epic etc etc, helpful links for buyers to find the music they want (something I haven’t ever done still )
so most important I think is functionality or how you can call it, and then visuals. On the other hand if you have soft music and then someone goes to your profile and sees a horror picture or something so ugly, he might as well close it. most important is when a client goes to your profile because he liked a song is to show him an easy way to find more! and the better the visuals the better experience, but best visuals is secondary, you could go with pretty simple to do the job.

ALSO if someone is willing to help me make a profile page, I am willing to help back with money or anything else, haha

Thank you @Sky-Productions! I am a huge fan of your orchestral work! :slight_smile: