Discount & Promotional Guidelines for ADP Categories

And I have started to see some authors offering “free installation service” as “30 day money back guarantee”

I misunderstood this thread a little, but how to set a discount price on codecanyon item as example. I didn’t find any information about this, also as input forms in the item interface.

Is there any Envato Staff to whom I can DM (or email) for violation of Discount & Promotional Guidelines?

I have to ask this because I reported to Envato Support but they didn’t took satisfactory action against that author who violated these guidelines multiple times knowingly.

I have already sent DM to @jamesgiroux 5 days back and haven’t got any reply yet.

James is on Euro tour now… so try sending the ticked id on twitter.

Cheers

Thanks for replying. I know about using twitter to get response but it wasn’t needed because I had received response from Support within few days but they defended that (Elite) author by not taking any action which they wrote previously.

I want to contact any other Staff who really listens and respect their own guidelines.

@matthewcoxy Can you look into this?

Reported an item for guidelines violation 3 days ago through support and no answer. While you keep ignoring these requests, others are making money through false advertising and by violating the rules. Ticket number is 857957 in case someone decides to take a look… the reported item changed the price several times during the last month and keep changing the price even after 30 days, although it said discounted from $44… and I’m sure it’s not the only one doing this…

1 Like

Yea these violations are piling up, we stopped reporting a long time ago. It would be a daily job and we do not get paid for it, nor it’s out job…

@dconnan I hope you might have read my posts above.
Support won’t take any action, instead they will defend the author and will just give them a warning.

I reported an Elite author who violated pricing guidelines multiple times but still no strict action was taken because that author is earning them enough $$$.

If Envato is not respecting their own guidelines then why they have kept it.

Yes, I’m sure Envato is looking after elite authors (which is fine) but rules are rules and need to be followed by everyone, including elite or power elite authors. Hopefully, things would get better in time in terms of monitoring, because whenever a loophole exists, people will exploit it.