Deepest concerns about the new rules of maximum upload limits.

+++
it means Envato say good bay to full-time athors

Reading your comment makes me kind of scary :smiley:, but, sadly, it seems to be true :frowning:.

“sad but truuue” (singing)

4 Likes

• Does it mean that every new item will get more exposure and therefore MORE sales per track? Yes.

• Does it mean that you will spend more time on each track to make sure it is perfect? Yes.

• Does it mean that people will stop submitting tracks that they already feel are not good enough and waste time for the reviewers? Yes.

• Does it mean it is possible that the review time can go down to 5 days and you can still submit every day? Yes.

With every change comes both good and bad things. Relax, accept, adapt, and work with the rules that are given by the marketplace. You are not forced to sell here.

31 Likes

Except none of the advantages you’ve named are vacant since you can make additional accounts :frowning:.

So, it’s basically going to be the same track flow, but authors will have to spend more promotion time for their “twin” accounts.

1 Like

Then why complain at all? Anyone could create multiple accounts already and if you feel it’s worth the extra promotion time, longer wait for payouts, lower percentage split etc., go for it.

Sales create sales which makes it even more of a disadvantage to split your portfolio. I think the only successful author with multiple accounts has been soundroll.

I’m still 100% convinced that the total amount of submissions will go down.

1 Like

It’s a great move, hopefully they’ll follow it up with account ID to cut down multiple account fraud. The market is totally saturated and growing, from a composers point of view, massively each day. However I doubt whether it’s growing from a buyers perspective by anywhere near the same rate.So we can all moan at Envato about the Queue lengths, need for new reviewers etc. and I’m sure if this increase in new tracks was matched with a general increase in sales, Envato wouldn’t hesitate in employing and training new reviewers immediately. They’d want to from a business perspective .
However if Envato’s overall sales from AudioJungle are not particularly increasing, why and how would they pay for more reviewers to keep up with all of this new music, that, generally, is not bringing anything particularly new to the library, just merely diluting what is already there .
Anything that can slow down the ridiculous daily amount of uploads may make authors think about doing something original, rather than creating lots and lots of soundalike tracks .The method of amount of tracks rather than quality and originality is unfortunately prevalent in Audio Jungle.
If you really need to be making and uploading 30 tracks a month, look into spreading your work onto some other library that actually may need it. There still has to be a buyer out there for your music and just because you’ve made 30 tracks in a month does not mean you are owed anything, even more so if your tracks look ( with a generic title ) and sound like everybody elses.

3 Likes

Which is exaclty how it should be. I don’t think that anyone needs another gazillion cheap corporate copy/paste tracks. In fact, 5 tracks per week is still pretty generous for one marketplace so there really should be no complaining.

No, not complaing at all here as the update doesn’t affect me at all, just trying to look at the things from the other guys’ perspective. Of course that the number of submissions will go down, but I’m not sure whether it’s going to be that significant. But I guess these predictions don’t matter at all, we’ll just have to see :slight_smile:.

Well, there will always be spammers… But if the number of submissions goes down even by just 5% that’s a win!

Maybe the “template heroes” will actually sit back for an extra hour or two and change that intro reverse cymbal sample to… another sample? Going through some portfolios becomes a bit comedic when a portfolio of 100 tracks is actually just 5 tracks with a quick MIDI shuffle…

7 Likes

Upload less with much higher quality. Work and perfect the other tracks while first one is in a que. dont spam market with low quality production.

Opening new account to upload doesnt make sense as you will get the starting 50% comission and not the upped one.

2 Likes

sure every experienced sound producer can write a track from scratch to master in a 6-10 hours
so it was possible to upload a track per day before this day
and today hundreds of authors scream HOORAY! why so? because MOST of authors here are NOT at full time, and it is great for them
BUT for the people how made audiojungle a part of their life, this is terrible
what will be in effect?
1 - tops and elite will not fell a difference
2 - green beginner and authors who upload track per week will be earn more
3 - full time authors who not yet earn elite status will fall in sales, probably they will get just 30-50% of their earnings before

for example I upload tracks since this January, now I got 130 items
for this period I got only 1 hard reject (it was first track I upload and it really was terrible)
and9 for example, if I uploaded before 20 tracks per month, and now I upload only 5, it means I will earn only 25% of me previous earns

review time will never be 5 days, this is absurd

before only you can decide, how much you will earn
now you are limited

great news for tops and beginners
finish for intermediate full-time authors

[quote=“Flumen, post:25, topic:59932, full:true”]
• Does it mean that every new item will get more exposure and therefore MORE sales per track? Yes.[/quote]

Yes? Really? Why so? It will be a same earn per track

• Does it mean that you will spend more time on each track to make sure it is perfect? Yes.[/quote]
I am starting at 8 am and work until finish, usually 6-10 pm, I dont need extra time

• Does it mean it is possible that the review time can go down to 5 days and you can still submit every day? Yes. [/quote]

Yes? Never, it will never be 5 days!

You are not forced to sell here. - [/quote]Thank you, I realize it.

Please explain why this is absurd.

Because the current model is simply not sustainable. Like climate change if we don’t act we’re all screwed be it full time, part time, hobbyist whatever. And anyway, plenty of “full time” people welcome this change too. Not all full timers choose to flood the market. They often have relatively small portfolios and split their time between producing quality unique tracks and marketing.

3 Likes

You forgot to say that you deliberately make all your tracks shorter than 2 minutes. Why? I have no idea…

It is best ratio of duration/price, as for me.

Why worry :slight_smile: The main purpose has been already mentioned by matthewcoxy. Quality over quantity. This is the best thing for a marketplace.

Well, as it’s been said, there are a lot of guys who produce high quality and unique music in a short period of time and I don’t think that these authors, who were uploading consistently one track a day without getting rejects would be anyhow motivated to “raise” the quality of their already high quality audio.

2 Likes

I think that it’s a good policy to raise the standards bar although I have been trying to do this full-time and have uploaded a track per day. Limiting the amount of uploads per week is a problem for me but if Audio Jungle is a go to Royalty - Free audio marketplace then it is a good thing for everybody.

3 Likes