Stumbled upon a nice piano several months ago, unfortunately after Windows updates didn’t work anymore
But there is a fix and you can get a very nice piano.
First, let me present the piano:
“Continuous Velocity Piano is the world’s first instrument utilizing GIGA’s Spectral Morphing technology instead of massive multisampling. This instrument utilizes only a single velocity sample, which is precisely and continuously expanded via the Spectral Interpolate Velocity (SIV) mode of GIGA’s Spectral Morphing filters, to cover the full dynamic range, pp to ff.”
INFO on KVR
<a href-“http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=382”>Info and DOWNLOAD on VST4Free
DOWNLOAD from Tascam website
The product is no longer supported by Tascam:
"As of 07/01/09, Operation Support for GigaStudio / GVI products, via telephone or email, will no longer be available."
Now the fix:
When you try to install, the program announce you that needs Service Pack2 to run and abort install (even if you have only SP2 installed), so here’s a fix :FIX explanation page
- Download and install the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0 (from the Microsoft website)
- Start->Programs->Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0->Compatibility Administrator
- Click the “Fix” button at the top (if it is greyed out you may need to make a new custom database first and select it.
- A create new application fix wizard will appear.
- Wizard - Program Information screen: Name of application and name of vendor don’t matter too much, put anything there. For program file location, browse to the GVI setup program on the CD-ROM. Click Next.
- Wizard - Compatibility Modes screen: By default “Microsoft Windows 95” will be selected. Change this to “None” and click “Next”
- Wizard - Compatibility Fixes screen: Scroll down and check the check-box next to “WinXPSP2VersionLie”. Click the “Test Run” button (DO NOT CLICK NEXT).
- Test run window: Ensure the path to the program is correct (should be something like e:\setup.exe). Command line can be blank. Click the OK button.
- The GVI installer will now launch and proceed quite happily thinking it is running in XP SP2.
- After the install is done You can close the “Create New Application Fix” wizard and the Compatibility Administrator tool without saving changes.