Coolest Plugin Ever?

If you haven’t got Gullfoss yet, what are you even doing with your life? This is what I’m talking about - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJWOf7eZHew

I’m an amateur with a less than optimal home studio setup, and this plugin looks to be something of a lifesaver. Not only does it help make your mixes better and your work faster, but it seems that between this and Brainworx Masterdesk, it could be possible to make good sounding masters at home. What do you guys think?

1 Like

I cannot wait to get Gullfoss.

1 Like

I grabbed the PC version yesterday, it’s £75 now in “pre release.” Although when I opened it today it said the licence was invalid so looks like I’m gonna have to contact them and get it sorted… Otherwise it works perfectly, but I think it’s technically in beta although they’re not calling it that.

Isn’t it amazing how all these plug-in companies can make you wonder how it was even possible to make music before their plug-in was released, and how it now feels completely useless to make anything new until you buy this magic solution?

:wink:

2 Likes

Good point, I’m gonna throw away my software and equipment and start making Norwegian black metal with a poorly setup guitar, a practice amp and one of those tape recorders people used to use to record interviews and stuff on. So called “good production” is destroying our link with the glorious heritage of our ancestors. :svalbard_and_jan_mayen:

1 Like

Not saying the plug-in is bad, it looks great.

Just commenting on the way marketing makes us feel. Based on my own experiences. Kontakt libraries, plug-ins, new DAWs, etc. All of a sudden, everything I have and know becomes useless until I get this new thing.

2 Likes

:exploding_head: Damn it! There goes another hundred bucks in plugins!

It truly looks very promising!

1 Like

Well it’s normal that new technology comes along, this one was apparently developed by physicists… Obviously new doesn’t always mean better in every instance, after all there’s vintage analogue gear that sounds amazing. But this plugin is just so easy and instant in its enhancement of the EQ, it should be endlessly useful.

2 Likes

Thanks for share!

worked with this plugin in trial version. Not bad! but you need to catch the balance between your sound and the automation of this plug-in, otherwise, if you do everything 100%, you can do mastering better than Abbey Road studios. God forbid! :slight_smile:

Full Goss is a great plugin but it does really weird things to drums and percussion. It’s great as a learning tool to put on your master channel and then go back and make the corrections in your actual mix to add or remove what Full Goss was doing.

Also it’s just a dynamic EQ set to match a pink noise reference I assume?

Let me know when they will sell it at a discount.

Thanks for sharing.
Unusual plugin. I do not see any practical use in it, in the video it makes all sounds as flat as if I were doing a hard compression on each instrument. I can achieve much bigger changes with one equalizer. Without destroying the sound.

2 Likes

Thanks for share!!

1 Like