"Consider using at least a minimal framework to structure the application better."

I have seen 2 posts relating to the same subject:

PHP and use a framework.

A further ‘read’ tells/shows me much more YET there does NOT seem to be any reference at all in submission guidelines as to the need to use a framework.

Indeed try this reply from community moderator @ThemeSLR

"ThemeSLR Community Moderator Apr 26

Yeah! This is really bad. Rejecting an item because its not using a PHP framework(no matter what the script is doing) is a wrong move I think. There are a lot of people reporting this problem(Rejected because of not using a framework).

What you should do (my personal opinion):

Submit a ticket to Envato Help Team(http://enva.to/Help2) and ask for an explanation;
_Good Luck! Btw, Please post the reply message here from the help team(If you want :slight_smile: ) _I’m really interested if from now all PHP scripts with no frameworks will be rejected. :expressionless:"

____If it is not in the submission guidelines WHY are scripts being rejected on the basis of no framework (from what I have seen there is/are no other reasons given for rejection)

Can we please have a DEFINATIVE statement about this - as I am in process of preparing a few scripts but they too do not use a framework simply because like many I don’t need to:

PHP is widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that has been around since 1994 (incidentally when I started to program in PHP - 22 years ago - aghhh :))
Sure I acknowledge that frameworks:

• Make speed development possible
  • Provide well-organized, reusable and maintainable code
  • Let you grow over time as web apps running on frameworks are scalable
  • Spare you from the worries about low-level security of a site
  • Follow the MVC (Model-View-Controller) pattern that ensures the separation of presentation and logic
  • Promote modern web development practices such as object-oriented programming tools

But a ‘solid’ reliable experienced php person should write good clean ‘pure’’ PHP that should do that anyhow.

So I repeat - Can we please have a DEFINATIVE statement about this as it is something the whole PHP development community here need to know so it’s not just me.

Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nicely said m8! :slight_smile:

The link provided from @ThemeSLR Moderator isn’t pointing for an help page…
It can be read here: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821010-Common-Rejection-Factors-CodeCanyon-

Eventually about guidelines there is nothing mentioning the use to a Framework.

Using a framework is not a requirement and nobody ever said it was. The reviewer says “consider” which means if you don’t want to do it, just resubmit and tell him! Others on the forum have reported success in this.

1 Like

HI @baileyherbert.

Thanks you for your reply, but as they said on the email:
"(…) and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again. (…)"
Do you think I could try again? I just made some changes, and add some more valuable features on the project.

Best regards.

Yes, if you’ve made a good amount of changes, then you can resubmit it.

Make sure to add in the ‘reviewer comments’ section that you do not wish to use a framework for the item.

I just noticed one think. Some reviewers are starting to reject or provide hard rejections for “personal reasons”. With personal, I understand they are finding/providing rejection reasons which are not listed on requirements.

Same thing for CodeCanyon and ThemeForest…

Or, maybe there is a new set of requirements, but they are public…which is also nasty.

These days I see a lot of people complaining about this rejection reason. And I’m wondering why this this N/A feature is still there if they are rejecting PHP scripts based on no framework.

I can only speak for CodeCanyon, and it certainly is annoying, but this framework thing is not a requirement as I said above. Whether or not it is personal, I am not sure. As far as I know, most categories in CC only have 1 reviewer and he’s been there for at least 6 years.

Ultimately, he writes the requirements for his categories on CC. I think what may be going on, is he wants there to be more framework usage where possible (because it truly is more organized, and a lot of customers lately are taking more interest in these types of scripts - from personal experience) but doesn’t want it to be a hard requirement (because that would be a bad move).

1 Like

List shows few popular frameworks but there is lot of minimal frameworks available for PHP

If you are using a minimal framework, you should let the reviewer know about this in “Message to the Reviewer” field. Because the reviewer said: “A minimal framework”, not one from the list from my last post.

So, a minimal framework as you said should be just fine :slight_smile: instead of pure PHP.

What if my own php structure could also be a framework?
If my code is clean and well structured, and if i explain it on the documentation, should this be accepted as well?

Best regards.

Again, not having any framework is acceptable. If you wish to take the extra mile and add a framework or make your own, nothing is stopping you from that, either. There is no framework requirement on CodeCanyon, in any category.

1 Like

Unless to lose about 2 months, or more to get the framework knowledge, and a few more to get the job done all over again… :sob:
It’s just because 5 months were about working on my latest project… :frowning:

Don’t worry about frameworks right now. Since you got hard rejected, just focus on adding many more high-quality features to your project, so that it can get accepted. And if it still gets rejected, post the demo on the forums so we can give you some suggestions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @baileyherbert,

@Kwikbitzonline already pointed some features that could be added and changed, but if you want to leave any feedback, you are also free to do that. :slight_smile: You are more than welcome, and I really appreciate it :slight_smile:
If you want to take a look at the hard rejected item, you can see it here:
Backoffice: http://ezcode.pt/tests/fly/backoffice/
You can register with your email, or some other email.

Best regards.

Just got the same rejection message about not using a framework. The funniest part is that previous item (which was approved during initial submission, then re-approved again after update) uses exactly the same structure. In fact, hard-rejected item even contains less source code than approved one.

1 Like

Yep. I just think reviewer was late for vacation and it was the easier solution, to reject all the items… :stuck_out_tongue:

Submitted question (with link to this topic) to support team. As always, support staff (Ralph M) didn’t even read the question and sent a canned reply that they can’t provide more details why item was rejected. Here comes the funny part: I never asked why item was rejected, I only asked if Envato rules were changed this month…

Can someone else submit this to Envato support? Maybe we will be able to get a clarification…

Hi @phpmillion

If your item was hard rejected then there’s a quality issue with your item. It is possible by adding a framework your item’s quality could go up enough to get it approved. However, you can add more features and improve your script greatly, and resubmit without any framework.

@baileyherbert - then how it comes another item (which uses exactly the same code, layout and structure) was approved and gets re-approved every time I update it?

Also, there’s no similar script on CodeCanyon at all. Furthermore, it has every single feature users asked for (it was used by beta testers for 6+ months). But wait, here’s more! Do you mean that many developers (even those who got their scripts approved previously) started making poor scripts now, so mass-rejection because of “no framework” occurs? I don’t think so…

This is not an open marketplace. Items must meet certain requirements and be high enough quality to get accepted.

A hard rejection means there’s major problems with your item and it is not acceptable here at its present state.
If “consider using a framework” was the only issue it would be a soft rejection and this is not even a requirement, you can ignore it.

1 Like