Do anyone understand what does the reason of rejection means?

Hi,

The item uploaded was in Yii framework and it got rejected. The reason is “Consider using at least a minimal framework to structure the application better. Right now, it’s a mix of HTML, PHP and SQL.”.

Hello!

Maybe they are not accepting scripts build using Yii framework, or your application is not good enough for the market (does not have usability), who knows.

Hmm, strange, I just checked the Frameworks list when submitting a script and seems that the Yii is listed there:

Regards

“Consider using at least a minimal framework to structure the application better. Right now, it’s a mix of HTML, PHP and SQL.”

I also got that message when my item has been rejected even though its completely functional and clean.

1 Like

Ya. I submitted it because I saw there is Yii Framework. I don’t understand what Framework do they mean.

1 Like

I think the reviewer do not know programming. My code is in MVC. The website responsive too.

1 Like

Try to organize the folders and files then re-submit it again and tell them what changes you have made. It helped my last my item to get approved.

1 Like

I cannot re-organize the file structure because Yii Framework file structure is standard.

1 Like

This is just proof that they see “the look” of the script and if they do not like it they reject it and choose random reason. I got the same reason and I wasn’t using framework and my script is OOP, PSR standards and clean, organized with fancy installer (i made) and they rejected it because i wasnt using a framework, you were using one, they are messing with all of us.

I am really curious about this matter because i am Yii2 Dev and this might interprete as Yii2 not supported by CodeCanyon unless it wasn’t reviewed properly.

1 Like

I vote for “not reviewed properly”. They should recycle reviewers and always have new ones so they always have “fresh” people.

Soylent Green is people!

1 Like

What a movie has to do with this?

The image that first came to mind when you said “they should recycle reviewers” was somebody feeding them into a big meat grinder!

3 Likes

Maybe they should haha :wink:

I submitted again and this time their feedback is

"Make sure that the code doesn’t raise any PHP errors, notices or warnings. Please set error_reporting(E_ALL)

• Please double check for common security vulnerabilities: SQL injection, XSS, CSRF etc

• Please make sure the item doesn’t contain any encrypted code or a third party licensing system. "

I thought Yii should be quite secure?

Even you are using framework your code can still produce some errors, and best way to check is to set error reporting to ALL and also enable displaying them. From my experience Envato is not tolerating any errors including Notices (Like undefined index).

Your code can also be vulnerable, if you are using MYSQLI be sure to escape input and always quote strings, and filter output from database with htmlspecialchars. I recommend using prepared statements which have greater security and can protect you from first and second level sql injection.

I’m vegan.