[CodeCanyon] Big Application Rejected.

Hello.
I got Soft rejection of my Codeigniter application. Here is the comments from the review team:

• Please make sure the code adheres to PSR standards.
  • Make sure that the code doesn’t raise any PHP errors, notices or warnings. Please set error_reporting(E_ALL)
  • Please double check for common security vulnerabilities: SQL injection, XSS, CSRF etc
  • Please make sure the item doesn’t contain any encrypted code or a third party licensing system.

The documentation is a little lacking.

Most importantly, remember that buyers may not be technically inclined. They may just be looking for an item to drop into their existing code base. Also keep in mind that a typical user won’t really know about all the features your system brings to the table. With them in mind, you should also look into providing a quick start guide of some sort. It need not be long: a short one will do.

You can use a premade template or the Documenter tool for your documentation, both linked below:

http://themeforest.s3.amazonaws.com/108_helpFile/Template.zip

Here is my comments and opinions:

1. I’m using Codeigniter framework and my methods are constructed like with dash. Ex. add_new_client. Should i revert all of them to addNewClient ? Or this is only the automated message. I also have some html in my controllers which i think this is more the problem then the method names. Also all my functions are commented with @params, @return and short description. And i have some private classes starting with _, do you think this can be the problem also for PSR?

2. I will check for php errors.

3. SQL Injection not possible, all $_POST data a gathered from the framework functions.

4. I double checked all my third party scripts and i dont have any encrypted code or third party licencing system. How can i assure this?

5. And yes i should fix the documentation.

Any help and suggestion will be welcomed.
Btw this is my first Codecanyon submission.
Thanks.

1 Like

Get your documentation up to scratch, that’s the biggest thing.

Errors as well.

Then re-submit and see how you go.

A soft reject is a good thing (especially for your first submission), it means with a little more work you should get through.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions dtbaker.
I’m making the changes right now and i hope that will be accepted this time :smile:

This is a generic copy/paste reply that the reviewers send to almost everyone - I’ve received it and gone mad for days looking for the problems only to realise I didn’t have them. Just make sure your project doesn’t contain any of the issues and re-submit!

^ This! The fact you have said exactly this.

I dont understand the reply twisted1919, can you be more specific?

Also facing such issue.
i’m really stucked with PSR standard, i used this http://cs.sensiolabs.org
i don’t know if it would help.

Hi @MSTdev.

I know that this is an old post, but I’m also facing that same email reply.
I’ve noticed that this is really a copy/paste email from reviewers, but i wonder if any of you guys have any sugestion for php filenames, and function names?
I’m a bit lost here, althought the email was pretty clear about:

• Please make sure the code adheres to PSR standards.
  • Make sure that the code doesn’t raise any PHP errors, notices or warnings. Please set error_reporting(E_ALL)
  • Please double check for common security vulnerabilities: SQL injection, XSS, CSRF etc
  • Please make sure the item doesn’t contain any encrypted code or a third party licensing system.

The documentation is a little lacking.

Relative to the documentation I have a nice tutorial with clear instructions and images with steps well defined, on how to set up the CMS, installation, requirements, and also how to work with all the features from the CMS.
Also I provide a ticket support forum to help my customers with further issues.
I just wanted to understand on how can I achieve these goals.

Best regards.

@EZCode

Double check that there’s no errors when setting error_reporting(E_ALL). Test for basic HTML injection on public/user pages.

Maybe add common debugging/troubleshooting steps to the documentation, or any other missing info like server requirements, how to contact support etc.

Hi @techiehut. Thank you for fast reply.

I think I’ll need to run some tests a bit further ahead, and check if really has some errors. Well, about the documentation, I’ve mentioned server requirements and my contact support, but probably I’ll need to do something more on this matter, but i’ll keep that in mind about the debugging/troubleshooting :slight_smile: Thanks :wink:
Well, this is my first php script file submission, but I want to do my best and deliver a good and quality service, that I think it will be quite helpfull for other developers.
Thank you so much!

Best regards. :slight_smile:

Hi guys, I’m very happy, because my item has been accepted yesterday!
Although haven’t had any purchase till now, it’s awesome to have one project on this awesome comunity.
Thank you @techiehut for your help! :smiley:

Best regards :slight_smile:

3 Likes