Can my own YouTube video (and music) clashed with my own tracks on audiojungle?

Hi guys, I am an author and new at audiojungle world. I have a question. I have a youtube account and started promoting my original music there. But as time goes, I plan to license and sell my music (that I’ve uploaded to youtube) on audiojungle. But the question is, as audiojungle are selling tracks (and give licenses), and customers are permitted to put the tracks on youtube, is it will infringed with my own music (on my youtube channel)? I don’t want to be banned by my own music. How can I protect my own music?

What should I do? Should I just have different music on audiojungle and YouTube? Or is it okay to have the same music on both sites? If so, how will youtube and audiojungle differentiate which track is original (which is the one on my youtube account) and which one is not? How will they differentiate which track is mine and which one is the licensed one?

Is it has something to do with audiojungle’s YouTube Content ID section?

I am sorry if the words are confusing but I’m hope you understand my point. Thank you! :grin:

Hi and welcome chasingnoise,

If I understand you correctly, you fear that selling the same music on Audiojungle which you promote on your own YT channel will cause some sort of conflict if a customer will use that music on YT as well? If yes, you can relax, this is not the case:

First off, and most importantly, you as the creator, remain at all times the rights holder to your own music and are free to promote your music in any way you see fit as long as you do not violate Envato marketplace rules (e. g. exclusivity rules)

By paying for and downloading your music the customer is simply granted a license to use that music in a specified context (this is what the different licenses are for, read them :)). Also, the very idea of stock music implies that their rights are always non-exclusive, meaning that other than using your music within the terms of their license they have no say whatsoever regarding where, how often, and by whom your music is used as well - be it other customers, or you, the creator.

Finally, all of the above has nothing to do with aspects of copyright protection, Content ID etc. This a completely different can of worms and actually has nothing to do with your fear of your tracks “clashing” with each other by putting them out on different platforms.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Wow, this really helps a lot. I think I understand now. There’s nothing to be afraid of. Maybe I should be thankful for the people who bought my music and put it on YT. As long as they do it properly, we should all be happy.

Thank you FirstNote.