Buying and using music for Youtube (copyright)

Hi folks - new here, so hello!

Could someone clarify in layman’s terms (for a dummy like me)

What steps would I need to buy music off audiojungle and use it on a YouTube channel permanently (As in the sense of background music) with no problems about copyright etc?

Thanks

Nate

Hi Nate,

You can buy a track here by choosing one of the different license options.
In most cases a “Music Standard License” will cover you for use in youtube videos.
It’s best if you read about it here on the official page:

Good luck!

1 Like

Hi Nate,

With your purchase, you get a license sheet that allows you to clear a claim when the music is registered with content id, so you won’t have any issues. And as CWMusic mentioned, the Music Standard License is the right one for youtube.

1 Like

The answers above are right. Although:

This is not possible. A license will cover one end product, in most cases that’s one video. There is a series policy that allows you to get one license for up to 52 episodes of a same series within a year.

The only way to get something approaching “permanently” would be to create an intro that’s always the same with no modifications whatsoever, no different text overlays or voice-overs. The rendered intro could then be considered as the end-product and then slapped in as is at the beginning of any number of videos.

1 Like

Thanks folks!

At the risk of being pedantic can I just clarify:

I buy a track off AudioJungle (Music Standard Licence)
**I put it as the backing to my original video on Youtube that has ad revenue **
I can then use that track only on that 1 video? I have to use a separate track for each video (1 licence for each separate video?)
My video gets 6 trillion views (I wish) - I’m still covered by the licence?
I put a link or copy of the music licence in the Youtube description (stops having to clear any claims?)

Sorry for the lengthy text, but would this be correct?

Thanks
Nate