Author fees

Hey guys! Please tell me how it work? I had 15,20 per song for me before tax. Now i have 15,20 - 5,70 = 9,50 USD before tax… Why?

There’s a gross amount due to the author for the sale ($15.20 in this case) and an ‘Author Fee’ from this amount due to to Envato. $9.50 is what you are left with before tax, i.e. 50% of the item price of $19. It’s easiest just to think of your earnings as being 50% of the item price.

1 Like

Your case seems definitely strange. And the strange part is that you had 0% author fee in the past. I wrote down the general rules for prices and then realized it didn’t answer your question but it’s still going to be useful for some people I guess, so I’ll leave it here.

Disclaimer: I’m open to objections if this post isn’t completely accurate.

Envato Author Fee that is deducted from the item price for a beginner exclusive author is 37.5%, with more earnings, it can go down to 12.5%, it depends on your exclusivity status and global revenue see the schedule here. Also, after deducting envato author fee, you have to deduct 20% which is a buyer’s fee. If your country doesn’t have a tax treaty with U.S, you will have to pay 30% from the rest. Your country may have a tax treaty with U.S. resulting in any percentage from 0 to 30. Even if your country does not have a tax treaty with the US, you still need to fill the W8 form so that US tax is not applied to non-US sales as well.

So, to calculate how much you really get from your sales if you’re a beginner exclusive author who doesn’t have to pay extra for U.S. sales:

(1 - 0.375)*0.8 = 0.5 = 50% of the price you see in your profile for your tracks

1 Like

Hey @neverletthemusicdie . I think that from the 21st to the 22nd of August they did not take% of the sale, but only the commission, because they celebrated Envato’s birthday.

4 Likes

Thank you guys! I wish you all the best for your upcoming sales and a successful week! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hey just want drop my question ? why in the statement page is written different price than the one in my audio jungle profile ??

It’s the item price. That’s the list price (as shown on the item page) minus the buyer’s fees. For you, the buyers fees aren’t part of the purchase as they go directly to Envato, which is why they aren’t listed on the statement.

1 Like