Author Driven Pricing: ThemeForest, CodeCanyon and 3DOcean

But, why should you keep old prices? Improve your item and raise price or lower price to get more sales. This is great innovation, if you can feel the market.

You don’t understand, i’m not sure you can get more sale if raise price or lower price. I mean now Envato earn more, author less.
Of course we always improve our product to get more sale. You can get more sale from quality not get more from lower price

I understand your point. Well, Envato have raised their percent of earning. It is obviously, but we have price control and it is great. One small negative issue in very positive improvement. I want to manage my items. Envato reviewers often doesn’t give objective prices because of many items they review on daily basics. So, it is up to us, to make our items and to give proper prices to them.

Regards

With these changes, is Envato getting a fixed fee? I noticed Joomla templates fee for Envato was around 4.80, now with the ADP displays as 10 when editing price

I appreciate if somebody clarify this concern.

Nevermind, I just confirmed https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/213819903#themeforest

Hey can the devs please please please add the list Price to statement csv and api. This will make it possible to graph our historic sales based on price etc

Currently it’s not possible to see what our item was priced at this time last year, and will continue to get harder as time goes on. Keeping a spreadsheet now

1 Like

Also this page might need a refresh with the new fixed fees https://codecanyon.net/become-an-author

@matthewcoxy Big complain to Envato!

Opencart and Shopify themes’ prices were much cheaper than general wordpress themes, but why their fixed buyer fee is much higher than wordpress themes? $15 and $12

Opencart themes’ purchase price was $48, now according to new terms, authors will get only 60% from the listed price. Do you force authors to increase prices a lot? Should take care on it.

2 Likes

Prices, Fees & Benefit calculation online tool

Hi,

I just published a free online tool to help Envato authors to choose item prices

It shows author fee, buyer fee, author earning and comparison with 20% fee earning.
Any feedback or suggestion is welcome.

I hope you’ll like it & share it

7 Likes

Great tool :slight_smile:

Thanks !

I made it only for Codecanyon authors, but if it has success I’ll extend to all others Envato categories

I am a codecanyon author. I should increase my prices. I earn less. :slight_smile:

Anybody can explain for me the rule of new ADP on this example?

• My total sales is 9.000$ (52% Author Earning).

• I have 2 products:
    A : Item price ($12) + Buyer fee ($4) = Purchase price (16$)
    B : Item price ($10) + Buyer fee ($2) = Purchase price (12$)

• Here is the statement of these products:
    A (Regular License) : $7.50
    A (6 months included support) : $4.50
    Author Fee for sale : $-2.63
    Author Fee for included support sale : $-1.58

B (Regular License) : $6.25
B (6 months included support) : $3.75
Author Fee for sale : $-2.19
Author Fee for included support sale : $-1.31

I can’t still understand the rule of this new ADP. Anybody has checked the statement? May the system calculate wrong?

You’re over-complicating things slightly. The calculation hasn’t changed for the last couple of years, it’s just the buyers fee has changed slightly… but as we never see the buyers fee, then that doesn’t really matter.

Just take the item price (the total price minus the buyers fee), and subtract the authors fee… and that’s it! You’ll find your authors fee on the rates schedule PDF, in the ‘start selling’ page based on your earnings.

You need to forget about the whole 52% way of thinking about things. Those just happened to be correct, up until the author driven pricing, but those old percentages haven’t been used in the calculation of earnings since 2014.

Why don’t have some restriction on pricing range. (minimum and maximum price limit validation)
Because some authors are changing price simply to get attention.

I have applied the rule, but the result is not correct. The item price is $12, the author fee is 35% (My total earning is $9000 -> As fee_schedule.pdf, the author fee is 35%) => The author earning must be : $12 - ($12 * 35%) = $7.8. But in my statement, the author earning is $7.5 (Please see the image). So I don’t understand why? Could you check the statement after new ADP is applied and explain for me the rule (based on my real case) ? Thank you.

the $7.5 in your image isn’t your earnings, that’s your item price. Well it’s part of it… combine the item and the support and you get the $12.

Add up all the plusses and take away all the minuses in your image, and you’re left with the correct $7.80. Well, kind of.

Ok. It means $7.5 + $4.5 - $2.63 - $1.58 = $7.79 (~ $7.8). But if we not support this item, the earning will be $7.5 - $2.63 = $4.87 ? Is it correct? It means the author fee rating only true when author support his item? I think this rule is not clear and logic.

Disabling the support for an item has no influence on the item price, without support the calculation is:
$12.00 - 35% author fee = $7.80

Ok. If the author earning with support and without support are same, I will disable the support for items. Why need spend 6 months for support while not get any earning more? Thanks for your explaination.