AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

The algorithm is broken :weary:

1 Like

Not the algorithm, the market.

2 Likes

Still dead in September. What a mess.

2 Likes

August was nice for me, it looks like it was some glitch in the system. I thought september could bring some hope, but nothing. New items do not get exposure at all, a couple of years ago on the first day new item easily gets 100 page views, today if you are lucky you get 20 page views.

In a month it will be 4 years since I’ve been here. I feel a little sad… Maybe it’s time to move on. :frowning:

3 Likes

Your last upload was shining glossy logo 233 days ago. Compared to the recent years, the drop in number of items you uploaded got even worse, or should I say abysmal.

8 Likes

My number is stuck at 972. When will I have 1000 sales already? :slightly_smiling_face: Help me assemble the puzzle. :upside_down_face:
I hope that buyers are still here.

7 Likes

The good: It’s still September, and I’ve already earned more than twice as much, as in the entire 2018! :sunny:

The bad: I doubt I’ll be able to tripple my earnings by the end of the year.

3 Likes

Compared to people like you, I know what to do with my time instead of hating on other authors and trying to offend people. If my comments p…s you off for some reason, just dont pay attention to it. Simple

3 Likes

Hi @VA-Productions, where do you see hate in SpaceStockFootage comment? He simply took your own words and played with them a bit to make you realize that your sales slowdown could be linked, to some degree, to a long period of inactivity in terms of uploads. I don’t think he meant to offend you.:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

No offence intended, just trying to ram home the idea that if you’re not uploading more items this year than you did last year… then there’s not many places for your sales to go other than down. There’s occasional exceptions, like popular Wordpress items, but otherwise… it’s not like you can upload a bunch of items and just retire.

Your post made it sound like third parties or exterior factors were to blame for this drop in sales (and no doubt they are), but there was no mention or acknowledgement that your lack of uploads could well be a strong contributing factor in the mix… so I felt it important to point that out!

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Absolutely dead.

3 Likes

This September is far worse than August. Like my portfolio is invisible.

2 Likes

Slightly better than August, but still very disappointing.

3 Likes

I think that not only your portfolio is invisible, but many have become invisible, because of the experiment that is going on.

The new design and the search together with it are configured to more likely to click on the category “Best Sellers” (in 87,5% of cases, that is 7/8, and 1/8 for new items(12,5%).

For example: “Under $12”, “Handpicked by Envato”, “Weekly bestsellers”, “Top advertising items”, “Top royalty free motivational music tracks”, “New bestsellers”, “Rising stars”. All of them lead to the “best sellers” category.

I am sure that this is not equivalent or even not fair in relation to new items, the scales pull to the side of items with best sellers, the chance that the buyer clicks “see new items” is much lower.

By the way, they said that the experiment will last about 3 weeks, but 25 days have passed and the experiment is still ongoing, it is obvious that this will not end and will remain on an constant basis.

1 Like

Only 6 sales in September. Hoping that things will normalize in the second half of the month. :pray:

2 Likes

This is A/B test as far as I know, so some people see one design of the search page, and some people see another design. From my browser I see “Best Match” option checked by default, there are a lot of new items, and there’s no options like “Under $12”, “Handpicked by Envato”, etc. So I think the test is in process, not finished.

2 Likes

Let’s hope that they complete the experiment, but this is not a fact. :slightly_smiling_face: New items in any case lose sales now and the “old top authors” becomes even richer. :wink:

3 Likes

Same 6 sales on my side.

1 Like