AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

good sales, but not the best.

1 Like

Crossing fingers to sale 27 Broadcast and Film licenses in the next couple of weeks and reach my yearly average! :crossed_fingers: :four_leaf_clover:

10 Likes

Sales were low, but fell even more in December. But other authors for $ 5 are doing well! Algorithms need to be changed.

2 Likes

So, this terrible month continues, and discounts (and also rising prices and new items) do not make any difference. However, i can see other authors are doing well, wich makes me think that it’s not my turn to make some money :sweat_smile: As there were times when those authors reported about weeks without single sale and i was foing pretty good, i think there’s clearly some algorithm behind these fluctuations.

4 Likes

Had an email regarding an Author ID check. I have been with AJ over ten years so why would I get one of these . Anyone else had one ? Seems a bit heavy what they are asking you to prove.

There will be an ID check for all authors, new and old.

Since august posting new material with no sales til now!! Also waiting for review of 3 songs for more than 20 days! It look like audiojungle become to big, to much authors. I believe that customers have not been able to listen to my music because I’m somewhere on page 137234… And if my music where not good then it would not be approved by the reviewers.

Maybe it’s time to look for another way to sell my music. This does not work…at all!

(Self promotion is not allowed)

3 Likes

@InnervoiceProduction that’s the same thoughts I had in the last weeks. I agree, that AJ is going too big - from a composers perspective. My problem is like yours: No one knows my music. The more composers AJ gets, the more difficult it is to get known in the music market. But there is no difference to other markets.
For a composer, who rate his work realistic and wants to sell it for an appropriate price it gets more and more hard. AJ’s “Top seller” list is full of people, who sell their items for $5 and then they rank up immediately in the Top sellers category. And the customer is obviouly interested in Top Sellers.
On the other hand AJ is not allowed to set up a minimum price for any items because of legal restrictions.
I guess, the competition in the music market was strongly growing in the last Covid19 driven months. AJ got flooded with new music and selling music is more and more gambling than a serious business.

3 Likes

Could not agree more Daydreamz-Studios. Also mentioning the sales could effect the customers. (so many sales it must be good) I listened to other composers and was impressed by some songs I’ve heard, really good songs but when I saw how much (little) they’ve sold, I could not understand that! It’s great when you are in the top sellers ranking but in my case it look like it works agains me.

I also don’t believe it’s about pricing. When a song is very suitable for a project the customer does not choose another one because it’s cheaper.

4 Likes

I agree about the prices. But what concerns me is, that the customers do not waste much time for everlasting searches. I assume, that the customers think: “He’s a Top seller, he MUST be good. Other customers think that too and bought music from him. I want that too.”
There are so much unknown really good composers here with a great portfolio. But they are at pos 163899 in the list and no one find them.
I have a lack in self-marketing. I know that. I decided to sell my music only via Envato. But if I want to present my music on other websites, I am forced to lead them to the envato market. Also I can only provide watermarked demos, which is very unattractive to hear.
I would be interested what other users are doing here for self marketing.
Sometimes I feel here like a rabbit in front of a snake…waiting for something will happen.

1 Like

i’ll just leave it here. :skull:

3 Likes

“because of legal restrictions” - this is such a joke. We all know over another “wet” market place that has no problem setting minimum prices while still allowing the author to price as they please above it. $5 tracks are good for AJ’s bottom line, they still make their author fee. Bad for authors.

4 Likes

15th of the month… no sales as usual in the mid. We call it a KLASSIKER :wink:

2 Likes

Not such a bad thing if it weeds out any potential rogues.

2 Likes

I think that too, @RobertReid . But I don’t know what I should believe.
There was a question survey, how I’m satisfied with Envato. And I wrote them, that I’m not really satisfied.

The first thing I wrote about was the song rejection issue. Luckily that happens only one time to me, but I can read it over and over again in the forum. No one knows, why the song was rejected. We all can only guess why. How should a composer improve his work, if he don’t know the reason, why a song got rejected. Instead the affected users ask other users why the song doesn’t meet the standards. Jesus, AJ can create reviewer-templates with multiple choices of rejection-reasons, which helps the composer to improve his work next time. But they do nada, nothing.

The second thing was the 5$ price issue, which is broadly discussed for a long time here. I could accept, if there a legal restrictions to set up a minimum price - because I am not a lawyer.
What I cannot accept is, that AJ doesn’t take any action to solve that problem. The only thing they do is to supress the discussions about and closing threads in the forum. Thats not enough! In my eyes they have a responsibility for their business, I accept that. But they have also a strong responsibility for the music culture.What can they do? They could change the Top Sellers algorithm. They could set up a campaign why it isn’t a good idea, to waste talent and time for a $5 sale. If they take this responsibility, then they would clear, which negative long term impact it has, if music and creativity degenerates to cheap scap.
But they do nothing. Like you said “$5 tracks are good for AJ’s bottom line, they still make their author fee. Bad for authors.”

1 Like

There is no such restriction in Envato’s terms. You are free to upload your audio without the watermark on YouTube, Soundcloud, etc.

2 Likes

I do not get it, I really don’t how author’s whose tracks that are being rejected cannot tell the difference between what is appropriate for the marketplace and what is not. Listening to the weekly top sellers and how they sound really cannot be difficult yet author’s seek a critique as to why something has been rejected when the reviewers are already overwhelmed by the review queue and simply do not have the time to write out an instruction manual for rejected submissions. Listen, listen very carefully to what this marketplace is about. Music that is bought here is not solely for listening purposes, it is bought to accompany some sort of visual production. That’s it, if I’m wrong then I have made a terrible mistake for the past 8-9 years.

11 Likes

@gballx I agree, that it*s needed to hear reference tracks. Unfortunately you turn my proposal in the opposite and use an exaggeration. No one expects an instruction manual from the reviewer. I did not write that. What I mean is, that it would be helpful to know the reason for a rejection. That could be done with a multiple choice form, the reviewer can click single or multiple preformulated reasons for a rejection. And it wouldn’t need much time.

[-] it’s clipping
too much repetitions
no tension or less variation
one or more instruments are too loud or too quiet
issues in mastering/EQ/compression
… and so far. A list like this could be extended.

In my opinion it is a kind of respect and culture of criticism to tell an author the reason, why his work isn’t good enough this time. And it gives him a direction to improve his work.
If you can live with a statement “Your work isn’t good enough. Rejected.” - okay it’s fine for you. But the forum posts over and over again tell me, that there is a demand for clarifying.

4 Likes

This market is not a Kindergarden, it´s for professional demand. If you need feedback for a rejected track, then you should start at my.first.tracks.com

Sorry be harsh, but the review queue is close to three weeks now.

3 Likes

Okay, I understand. This discussion is turning in a wrong and ugly direction. Sorry, if I bothered anyone.