audiojungle earnings reality check

Welcome to Audiojungle. No sales have declined consistently in the past 2 - 3 years and yes there are some seasonal effects taking place but Envato Elements has now siphoned buyers away from this marketplace. Sorry to be negative but the leading marketplace in RF music has it seems to be struggling to compete against competitors now. I could be wrong of course.

2 Likes

Almost identical to me

Thank you for posting this. Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not alone!I thought somehow our content had lost its appeal. My earnings look almost identical over the tine period 2017 - present.

It is clear something disastrous has happened at Envato, whether competition or change in the market, but since they have such a lack of transparency it is hard to asses the factors that play into this trend.

3 Likes

ScreenHunter 220
Awful trend! We just roll down.

In fact I do not complain because Elements compensate the loss. Here is my graph:

Is your post genuine? What about those authors who do not benefit from Elements inclusion and that Envato has pushed the promotion of Elements within AudioJungle pages which then may or may not result in the diversion of traffic from Authors items pages to Elements.
How nice it would be to be compensated by the payout from Elements knowing what the monthly payouts could be.

3 Likes

The truth is that it is not very cool to say that I am fine because I took the boat in the middle of the sinking of the titanic A little of work fellowship is always okay

1 Like

You do realize that this is temporary? What will happen when 1000 more AJ authors will be part of Elements, your income will be a dizaster.

I do sell code but all marketpaces are affectedā€¦

Persontally I believe that Elements will not only affect all marketplaces which is already happen, as time goes on Elements itā€™self will be affected by Elements :slight_smile: sounds wired but is almost a fact.

Envato is all about authors and the passion that we bring here(they seam that they not care about this anymore and switch to a pure bussnes model).

How can you be creative and work hard now when Envato is all about Envato and Element and everything they did in the past three years were agains us authors event hough there were many voices asking for answeres , total silence common!!!

Envato you are killing your self and drive us away with this attitude, for God sake stop this silcence and letā€™s find a way that works for both parities!!!

Personally as an author all I am asking is to be given the choice to show or hide the Elements banner on my product pazes, is this too much to ask? Find another way to advertise, the Elements banner is on my pages for plugins that are not in Elements, how is this fair?

I donā€™t even know what I bother writing here, I guess I am searching for justice where it canā€™t be foundā€¦

7 Likes

Just opened the link to your profileā€¦ Elements banner on top. Same as on my profile too. Glad to see how @RedOctopus and other lucky guys were got compensation through Elements sales. But as for us - we dying and forgotten. Literally. This year July sales - THREE times less than July 2020. Below any reasonable income. One of top selling item in Corporate genre - pure copy of other track. Looks like one author selling under 2 accounts. Wrote to support about this case - nothing. And so on. Chaos. Pure chaos.

6 Likes

@gballx @Octopusic @LumenMedia @FWDesign
I didnā€™t want to offend you. I simply thought that seeing my stats could be interesting. I haveā€™t seen here posts of any other current top seller. And I am not sure if there was a post written by other elements author.

I know some other Elements authors who have smaller and smaller earnings on EE as well.

I am kind of surprised that you didnā€™t want to see how EE authors stats look like. I felt that not sharing this graph with you would be a kind of a silent lie.

I feel sorry for all of you who have hard times. I thought it is obvious since Iā€™ve took A LOT of my time to help other authors, write guides, answers, Authors-Envato feedback, meetups etc.

10 Likes

@RedOctopus .

I do realize that i have a very short activity on AJ. Less than 2 years. ( oct.2019) . I was working hard ,though, to put together a repertoire of almost 200 tracks. My number of sales and the generated income does not justify the work done.That obviously does not tells absolutely nothing about the quality or their commercial value. But you : Being a member of Elements, what do you think is the criteria of being chosed to be part of it? The number of tracks? The variety? The quality? The commercial value of your media? Because Envato never released an official explanation regarding this, except for the fact that the Elements authors are ā€™ handpickedā€™. One cannot be more subjective than that, but i accepted this, as many other authors did. Well established authors with great repertoire.

This is not your fault that someone where invited and someone not. I am really glad that at least for you, you got at least some protection from this disaster that we were faced.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. It should not be the intention that non-Elements look towards Elements contributors and ā€œblameā€ them for being part of a subscription model, hell I did apply but was not accepted. What really is antagonising AJ authors is the relentless promotion of Elements within Audiojungle and leading to the collapse of sales. Now looking at the way this situation has been handled, it really is beyond all comprehension. I know what kind of revenue is being generated by Elements contributors, and unfortunately as AJ authors are losing out as the RF shift to subscription methods, piracy and incorrect licensing takes place since subscription models cannot police the use of downloaded items.
I think what really was in question was that Elements was compensating you for your loss in sales revenue on AJ. That is good news for you but it comes across as a little annoying to others - my bad for reading it the wrong way. There has never been an answer from Envato regarding the promotion of Elements within Audiojungle and I dare say we will never get one.

4 Likes

There was an explanation somewhere. Critteria: versatile portfolio, regular uploads and no copyright problems.

I would also add clients who may ask for your tracks (or for similar tracks).

2 Likes

Capture dā€™Ć©cran 2021-07-21 132455
Capture dā€™Ć©cran 2021-07-21 132516

here is one of the reasons why ā€œelementsā€ does not interest me.

1 Like

@RedOctopus .

Thank you for your answer. I have to admit that this is still pretty ambiguous. I am sure there are a few thousands of authors who may easily accomplish these criteria. Still ,they never have been accepted/ invited to be part of Elements. Maybe the real issue is the fact that as many authors are onboard the Elements the more the pie will split? That is not an accusation. Just trying to understand what is going on? The market is going down and we all know it ! The pandemic/summer explanation is not the issue here.We are selling digital assets. So no. This is not the cause. I am just concerning about my future.

1 Like

Hello Guys, Iā€™m very pleased how many fellows stepping in to the discussion since I started this topic.

Regarding ā€œelementsā€, I did try several times to join it with no response or explanation why envato wouldnā€™t see my portfolio fit.

Because I thought that there is so much reality coming toward brutal competition across the market I did apply back in 2018 where my sales peaked. I was even picked for profile promotion, had a weekly top seller, still no way to join elements.

So three years later I have that sickening feeling, that there is a private club for surviving, while the rest of us has to share those last little crumbs left.

4 Likes

Same

2 Likes

QED :+1:

2 Likes

Really? You complain nonstop in the forums that there is such a big decline for you and everyone and it is the end of the world and looking at your graph your 2021 will end up way better than 2019?

Obviously 2020 is the outlier here, and we all know why. Everyone went digital due to the pandemic.

1 Like