Apple Motion Template NEWBIE seeks advice.

Hello everyone!

First of all, I know how forums are. Someone will immediately reply and tell me to check old topics. I searched “apple motion” “apple motion newbie” “tips for selling apple motion on video hive” and found either no results, or nothing good.

Thanks for reading my post, I’m sure you guys have a lot of experience here and that’s why I’m asking for some advice. I have been a FCPX and Motion user for years now, doing professional work here and there. In this career I’ve built quite a few custom Transitions, Titles, Generators and Filters in Motion. These “templates” are all mine and I am free to sell them.

So I decided to try to start selling them on VideoHive to make some extra money!

These are not “templates” per say (although they are in the Motion Templates folder) but rather stand-alone Transitions, Titles, Generators, and Filters. Some of them would be suited to sell in packs, some of them I’d like to sell individually.

I’ve gone ahead and uploaded 2 and I’m awaiting approval. Just trying the process out. But I’m totally new to this so I’d like to ask if there’s any advice you guys have about this marketplace, what customers are usually looking for, best way to get through reviewal process etc. Most of my work has already been done, I’m just looking to sell it now.

Once again thank you for reading my post and I look forward to getting to know some members of this community!

UPDATE: both my templates were rejected. I suspect that they don’t like standalone transitions… for example one thing i was selling was a 1-second transition where flames burn through the video and reveal the next clip underneath. I’m thinking i’d do better to sell in packs? right?

here’s the rejection notice:
The item does not meet our minimum design, animation, and technical requirements. We strive to accept professional quality projects, and unfortunately this submission doesn’t quite meet that criteria.

When reviewing projects, in addition to overall quality of design and execution, we take into consideration the flexibility, usefulness, appeal to a broader audience and broadcast readiness of the file. Unfortunately we don’t feel as though this project meets the standards we have set for these criteria.