Anyone know how to align the contents inside a shape layer?

I have several rectangles inside a shape layer, How can I distribute them equally (or align them)?

The align panel is grayed out.

After Effects I’m talking about.

If not possible, what about importing vector files as content for the shape layer? Copy and paste from illustrator just creates a mask.

doru said

I have several rectangles inside a shape layer, How can I distribute them equally (or align them)?

The align panel is grayed out.

After Effects I’m talking about.

If not possible, what about importing vector files as content for the shape layer? Copy and paste from illustrator just creates a mask.

Yep it’s very easy to do it just do it manually :slight_smile: haha just joking sorry no idea :frowning:

:slight_smile:

probably is impossible, I will just build the shapes it in illustrator then.

For a rectangles you have three levels of transform. You have the rectangle’s own position (found in teh Rectangle path), you have the transform position of the group and the transform position of the layer. If you set the rectangle’s own position to 0,0, then any other rectangle in the same group that also has its own position set to 0,0 will be aligned with it.

what I wanted to do was this:

one shape layer and inside couple of rectangles. I wanted to align them so there was an equal space between them, (distribute probably is a better word not align)

I had this feeling that shapes are faster to render than importing a vector file.

Anyway I made it in Illustrator, I don’t have the patience to move them by hand.

forgot to say :slight_smile:

thank you everyone for the answers!