Anybody use Omnisphere to make music?

Hi Guys!

Just wondering if you use OMNISPHERE to make your music tracks?

Thanks

I do.

You better ask who doesn’t? :slight_smile:

soundroll said

You better ask who doesn’t? :slight_smile:

+100 :wink:

I don’t!
it costs too much for me! :frowning:

I was asking this very question on another site recently with mixed response. I am thinking it is essential as a money making tool for film/TV etc. I could make my own samples etc but this is tempting because it is so fast and easy BUT will I end up just sounding like everything else in this field and fall into the trap of highly polished film trailer mediocrity just like all the millions of hand clappy uke tracks in abundance. Also, someone commented that it uses up all the stereo field in a mix because it is so dominating. The synth engine isn’t that good either relying on samples than waveforms. The jury is out for me as I also have my ipad with loads of nice apps that add many sounds to my music. It’s a case of too much choice now. On a business bread and butter need it could be very useful. I would be interested to know if anyone is getting creative, more unique sounds created for their own use.

I’m not sure where you read that but Omnisphere is one of the best synths I have just because it has both the option to use the awesome preset library that comes with it plus the ease of use if you want to make something from scratch.

Omnisphere has both sample based and subtractive oscillators (through DSP) like most other synth. It can also do sort of FM. So it’s bull that it only has sample based oscillators.

You can make the simplest thinnest mono sound you want all the way up to massive effect drenched stereo sounds.

It’s easy to get carried away. But it can do simple sounds as well.

You won’t regret getting it. I haven’t. Sometimes you need those big sounds to compete with the rest of the guys out there. A client can ask for a very typical soundscape. Omnisphere makes that easy for you.

As you’ve probably understood by now, I love Omnisphere. Hehe.

I think it’s a great synth and has a wide variety of uses. I use it all the time.

I do :slight_smile:

Omnisphere has to be one of the ultimate VST synths money can buy. It is simply awesome.

One of the go-to VST synths in my collection. Can spend hours and hours immersed in that thing.

marb67 said

…I could make my own samples etc but this is tempting because it is so fast and easy BUT will I end up just sounding like everything else in this field and fall into the trap of highly polished film trailer mediocrity…I would be interested to know if anyone is getting creative, more unique sounds created for their own use.

Haha, please at least USE the synth before you comment.

Omnisphere isn’t a Kontakt library with finished loops. It’s a power synth and you can make any sound you want. Of course, like with ANY synth or sample library, if you’re lazy and just use the first 10 presets, yes, you will use the same sounds as all the other lazy preset people. But that’s a matter of choice…

Eats up the stereo field? Haha, now that’s humor.

propellerheads reason FTW! :evilgrin:

I have watched a shed load of videos and demos online as well as own stylus RMX so I do have a good idea but yes, it still would be good to have a play with it myself. I like RMX so I could work well with it. The question is if it will make me enough money to justify the massive massive price when you think of how cheap music apps are from apple.

marb67 said

I have watched a shed load of videos and demos online as well as own stylus RMX so I do have a good idea but yes, it still would be good to have a play with it myself. I like RMX so I could work well with it. The question is if it will make me enough money to justify the massive massive price when you think of how cheap music apps are from apple.

I do understand you. It's a lot of money. Most videos tend to show the big sounds Omnisphere is capable of. I did the same when I got it. Just sat there noodling away with these big soundscapes it's capable of creating.

Feel free to ask if there's anything you want to know about it. I'm sure we all can do our best to help you decide.

I do! IMO one of the greatest vst synths.

Thanks. Yes, if anyone can link me a track solely made with omniasphere that is a bit out of the ordinary I will be grateful. I need more orchestral sounds, world voices and choral that you can really change. I could make my own samples but again I need to work fast.

All the time!

marb67 said

Thanks. Yes, if anyone can link me a track solely made with omniasphere that is a bit out of the ordinary I will be grateful. I need more orchestral sounds, world voices and choral that you can really change. I could make my own samples but again I need to work fast.

Orchestral sounds isn't Omnisphere's strong suite. It does have some world voices and choral sounds. You have full access to all the sample material and can build your own patches from the sound sources.

If you’re looking for world music stuff I would check Sonokinetic, some of EastWest libraries and Tari’s libraries for Best Service.

I’m not sure you’ll find a Omnisphere only track featuring all its versatility.

Yes, I use Omnisphere almost all of my projects. It’s one of my best weapons.