Accidentally purchased item

Hello community! I received an email from an user that says:
“I accidentally purchased this item. Please refund.”

Indeed, the user purchased the item. But in the “Refund” tab I don’t have any request…
How do I proceed?

1 Like

Tell them to use the link at the bottom here https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821460-Can-I-Get-A-Refund- and send you their purchase code

3 Likes

Done… Thanks!!!

1 Like

I really don’t understand how can you purchase something by mistake, I don’t believe this is true!

5 Likes

Exactly! “Accident” is when a car hits you from behind…

1 Like

Maybe include this link back to them to https://themeforest.net/page/customer_refund_policy (see 4th bullet point at the bottom)

2 Likes

refunds should exist in no way anyways, how could he make sure that the guy will not use the item afterwards? once the item is downloaded, this is game over! we all know also how this type of thing is ending up very often … with items posted on pirate websites!

3 Likes

Personally, I do not approve of these so-called “mistake purchases” unless I am 200% that the client has truly made a mistake, for example, he bought a javascript version instead of the WordPress version…

3 Likes

fully agreed , except for some very specific circumstances , thus should not exist

3 Likes

Ah damn it! I accidentally bought a car! Oh well, guess I need a refund. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

If that item is not downloaded then we can refund. Once they downloaded my script, I won’t refund.

3 Likes

Do I have any way of knowing if they downloaded it?

1 Like

If they sent you refund request then in the refund request details page you can see the status of the item download (Downloaded the product: Yes/No).

2 Likes

NO WAY! that’s it :wink:

2 Likes

yes, I agree… a simple “I made a mistake” is not good enough for me. Though I’ve given refunds, it is usually because I got a sincere response as to why my project wasn’t working for them. If so, I ask them to send a screen shot to prove it… Then if I feel it is right, they get a refund. A simple, “mistake” doesn’t quite cut it… I bought a project twice by error… forgot I purchased it… but would not ask for a refund… my mistake.

2 Likes

It’s odd - we’ve bought into the thousands of items, and never once have we bought one ‘by mistake’ (retrospectivey having used a small % they proved to be a mistake!)

3 Likes

Exactly… makes no sense.

1 Like

If you are “smart” like Grandma (77 years old) you make mistakes. Been clumsy all my life. Am used to it now.