3hard reject ..need feedback..help me

After 3 hard rejection feeling down :disappointed: ā€¦but I know my mistake ā€¦but I really need more feedbackā€¦help me guys
here is the tracks

Long Way to Go
Listen Music Files - Audio Hosting - Long Way To Go -Inspiring - ā€¦

Hero Rising
Music File Hosting - Upload Audio - Rising Hero Preview

Walk and Smile
Play Music - Music podcasts - Walk and Smile- Preview

Thanks
Rishabh

Sounds great to me - honestly, my ratio right now for reject/approved songs is a little ridiculous - for every FIVE ITEMS REJECTED, I get ONE accepted

And Iā€™ve had stuff in big time TV shows and commercials. I think some of the reviewers are just completely ridiculous

Thanks ā€¦ I have uploaded 5 track only 2 tracks are approvedā€¦need feedback as well so I can do better next time

Honestly, I donā€™t know what to say - I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything necessarily ā€œwrong.ā€ This may be against forum policy, but you should consider uploading the rejected songs to other stock audio websites. Donā€™t just let them go unused because they still sound like they would sell good - if Audiojungle is going to reject quality songs, then you are no longer committed to selling that quality material here. Therefore, be respectful to your time spent on that ā€œrejectedā€ material and consider selling it elsewhere so your time hasnā€™t been wasted.

Iā€™m telling you, I used to work for a company that placed cinematic drama songs on NBC, and your track ā€œRising Heroā€ sounds just as good, and in some ways BETTER, than a lot of the stuff used on NBC.

1 Like

I thought I was the only one. Bit strange but happy to hear.

1 Like

Thanks a lot ā€¦for your suggestions :smile:

They sound good to me. They sound different than average track here. I think Iā€™m starting to understand what is going on with rejections- audiojungle developed its own style in each category and songs must be similar. Not that it is a rule or something, simply reviewers donā€™t know what to do if something is a little different because they are so accustomed to specific sound that has evolved here on audiojungle.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s whatā€™s infuriating - there should be a variety of sounds on here

Rising Hero is nice and different. Maybe the copper could be a little bit bigger.

1 Like

thanksā€¦I realize that laterā€¦but hard rejection ā€¦cant expected :frowning:

I wouldnā€™t blame the reviewers in this case. Iā€™m not saying you have ā€œa long way to goā€ as your title suggests ;), but compared to the best selling tracks in these genres thereā€™s definitely things to learn. The reviewers are (hopefully) looking to publish stuff thatā€™s competitive. Even if they have biased views of what works and doesnā€™t work, leading yourself into thinking they are wrong and you are right doesnā€™t bridge that gap. Think about it this way - when your track is online youā€™re going to compete with all tracks approved that are subjectively better than yours. Youā€™ll be happy to know that once you make approval, at least you donā€™t have to compete with every single submission ever made :sunglasses:

A few thoughts about your tracks:

Samples - Try working a bit more with your synths and samplers, find the sounds that really make your project come alive. Right now itā€™s a bit thin. Instead of layering instruments and crowding the mix, try to make each instrument stand out on its own. Try to think about your track ā€œ1 beat at a timeā€, set your loop to 1/4 of a bar and really dive into detail until you believe your sound is everything it can be. If one bar of music isnā€™t great, who would want to listen to 2-3 minutes of it? :wink:

Mix - your mix is a bit all over the place, try to make a more cohesive statement by grouping frequencies together and use a multiband compressor on the final mix. Listen to the leaders of your chosen genre and if you canā€™t tell whatā€™s different about your mix, ask someone who can or use EQ matching: http://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/making-the-most-of-match-eq--audio-6118

Structure - Think about how a buyer would use your track and try to deliver a clear dynamic curve. Many videos have a suspenseful, slow start and then at the point of deliverance kick into a higher intensity. Others just rock on from start to finish - but what I believe noone is looking for is something going up and down randomly.

Melody - your melodies are a bit fragmentary, again try to keep a solid idea intact throughout the composition. Variations are OK as long as they have a meaningful purpose. A melody shouldnā€™t be random notes over a chord, it should have a clear voice and convey an understandable emotional message. Otherwise itā€™s not going to be effective for someone wanting to augment the emotions of their video/podcast/game/whatever.

Harmony - your chords (and basslines) tend to be either repetitive or random. Provide an interesting progression but donā€™t overdo it - Iā€™d stick to more conventional chord successions if I was looking to sell a lot of licenses. Three or four simple chords can be enough - if they sound GREAT.

In short - keep it basic but make it shine :sunglasses:

GOOD LUCK

2 Likes

Thanks a lotā€¦ I saw a post ā€œsimilar kind of music by new authorsā€ I really dont remember exactly the subject but people talking about similar tracks thatā€™s sound like some best seller audio ā€¦I am trying to producing something differentā€¦can I ??? I dont want to make similar track what exist in Audio Jungleā€¦and I am woking on it very hardā€¦I hope my next track will not rejectā€¦just waiting long ā€¦

Thanks a ton :slight_smile: could you please suggest some 3rd party plugins , I am using waves and T-racks right now ā€¦i think its great for me :slight_smile:

Hi there Rishabhnag, i listen to your track and here is my feedback:

Long Way To Go : i think the piano and strings needs more work on dynamic it feel just to straight,and i heard some clipping issue on certain part. Nice music by the way.

Rising Hero : Same as before Clipping detected , the rest are fine i guess.

Walk and Smile : The piano need more work on dynamics, and the trumpets part is clipping too. As far as i know Aj doesnā€™t like horns , most of my track got rejected with a horns in it.

I hope thatā€™s helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for you feedbacks :slight_smile: Its very helpful for my next production :slight_smile: ā€¦

Donā€™t worry too much about plug ins, youā€™ll do fine with basic EQ and compression as long as you take your time to learn how to use them. By the way, both the Waves and T-Racks plugins are great, you really donā€™t need anything else to make an AJ track :wink:

1 Like