Our best item is rejected - need feedback

Hello AJ People,
This week, we got “Hard reject”. Generally, I don’t have a problem with that, but to get rejection to something that is the best tune from our AJ portfolio so far, that’s a huge punch. I don’t want to say anything else, I’ll leave a preview so you can judge for yourself.

Reason:
Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “Epic Hero” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

Here is the comment from your Envato Quality team reviewer:

Thanks for your submission.

After some careful consideration, it was determined that this submission does not meet AudioJungle’s commercial production (recording/mixing/mastering) standard, and its commercial composition/arrangement standard, unfortunately.

To understand commercial stock composition, arrangement and production better, please read the following article http://enva.to/6D-sd

Best regards

Epic hero preview

Hi Miseld,

After listening i can’t think of anything else that the orchestral samples are very dry, and repetitive.
The horns sound a bit fake when they come, and that choir as well… it all could use more dynamics and perhaps some reverb.

The composition i am not going to talk about, it could be used… perhaps they felt it could use a better buildup and ending?

I would start with the samples though… wetter and more dynamics… ride that CC wheel!

1 Like

Hi miseld, yep I agree with Robert. Mostly the choir for me; it needs some work to sound more natural. Also, the staccato strings sound like they’re dragging. This is common with string samples where the attack isn’t quick enough- if you give them some negative delay or even physically drag the notes earlier then they’ll sound tighter to the percussion.

2 Likes

vocal part sound cheep. I think that is why reject. Try to find right choir.

Thank you everyone, we already discussing to make some necessary changes and create something even better. I appreciate your honest opinion.

1 Like