$1.65 of $6

Today I got my first sale on codeCanyon, cool! But I am surprised and confused.

My item price is $6 but now I have only $1.65 on my account, how is it possible? how much money Envato takes actually?

Thanks

50% from exclusive author and if You did not fill W8 Tax document, next 30% or if You filled it out, tax that Your country have with USA.

Welcome in the real world :wink:

2 Likes

Thx, world is so real…

@WordicaThemes said it all and the fees maybe even higher if authors are non exclusive

@n2n44 Yes, non exclusive have 25% ? :slight_smile: Then it’s charity work :slight_smile: In my opinion if they will do not change something, they will lose clients … even now I see most popular elite authors on other shops with 70% for You … or … they want to get rid of authors from some third world countries because they got enough money … Hard to say why they move to US…

as for me i am not sure that being non exclusive as any interest at all indeed … the fact of the matter is that u lose a lot with fees and after that there aren’t so many places where u can sell , i mean except if u create logos, fonts or add-ons …

Then maybe it’s time to change professions, nothing lasts forever … I would never make something for 6$ to get 1.25$ , iit’s just a joke :slight_smile:

unfortunately , i think that this is what the great deal of us will have to come to this at a time … the fact of the matter is that prices are always going down when precarity is always going up with all these marketplaces and so on , piracy, the additional taxes and so on , that’s hard for many guys to survive and i sod personally highly recommend youngsters not to get involved in this business , especially when u know what this whole world is made of when u are part of an agency , because to all mentioned things already, u had customers’ despise for both skills, professional knowledge and time and investment , bad paychecks , endless working hours and so on and so forth , so basically , nothing that incredible lol. As i use t mention if i ever have the chance to have a child, he or she will not be pushed to become a designer , digital artist or whatever and i will not teach anything in order to make sure that this is not happening …