YouTube copyright claim for licensed track

Hello, I have properly licensed the track Ilya Truhanov - “Piano” through Envato.
YouTube has made a copyright claim.
I have disputed it.

And then I got this:

Hi Christoph Rehage,

After reviewing your dispute, Elite Alliance Music has decided that their copyright claim is still valid.

Video title: Two Nights In Prague
Copyrighted content: Romantic Piano
Claimed by: Elite Alliance Music

View options

Why this can happen

• The copyright owner might disagree with your dispute.
  • The reason you gave for disputing the claim may have been insufficient or invalid.
  • The YouTube Team

What do I do now?

Did you provide a copy of the license in your dispute?

Contact the author via their profile page, they have an obligation to assist you in clearing the claim.

Hi,
I have question for licencing…
so I have made music video with Envato Elements ,Video and sound fx for my client and he wants to post it on his own yt channel…
Will he get a copyright strike?
Tnx Dominik

I also, had a issue with the copyright claim system on YouTube. I just recently uploaded a video. With music from elements.

Instead of the video being copyright claimed, and allowing me time to dispute it. Copyright claim holder decided to ask for the video to be unmonetized. Which ended up, with me losing ad revenue for about 20,000 to 30,000 views.

I have now completed the process I’ve given YouTube my licensing information. But there’s not much point of me buying licensed music from envato if all of the copyright holders, are going to just turn around and fight me on YouTube.

Love to get some feedback, thank you

When a copyright claim is made, the uploader cannot monetize the video. That’s how it works.
However, once the dispute is resolved in your favor, all earnings should be attributed back to you.

Nobody is turning on you and fighting you. Copyrighted material automatically generates copyright claims. That’s how YouTube works. Your license is the key to lift this claim.

This is not an Envato issue. Most professional music is registered with ContentID, that’s just the industry standard.

Now, it’s true that there are some marketplaces or subscription services which prevents authors from registering their music with ContentID. But, on top of hurting their authors, they are actually doing more harm than good for their buyers as well. Indeed music that is advertised as being ContentID-free is systematically targeted by fraudsters. Those fraudsters register the music in their name, in order to make fraudulent claims which are much harder to lift, since they don’t come from the actual author and thus don’t recognize your license.