Wordpress soft rejection without specific requests (aesthetics and quality issues)

Hello guys,

I uploaded wordpress version of my HTML template (you can see in my portfolio) and I received a soft rejection, so far so good, I was expected it, the problem is that there is no “specific” request. This is message:

1. Unfortunately ‘WordPress’ has higher standards in terms of aesthetics. An approved design in other categories does not guarantee an approval under ThemeForest’s WordPress category. Your design has an interesting starting concept, but it needs significant improvements in terms of aesthetics and attention to details.
  1. As higher quality items become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.
  1. While I’d be able to provide feedback as to how to get this approved, I can only do after it has crossed a certain threshold, quality wise. I’m sorry to say this isn’t there yet.

I have already improved some parts of theme:

• I improved documentation
  • I have inserted demo files and PO/MO files
  • I inserted custom post types and shortcodes in plugin (my mistake I inserted in theme)
  • I am working on solve a parallax fix
  • I am working on implementing a premium plugin for slider (for now is implemented by me with owl slider and custom post type)

Do you think that this is enough for a the technical approval?

Unfortunately the biggest problem for me is aesthetics! I have not idea of what improve, design is not mine, I also contacted original author, but I would have some tips from you also.

I am very afraid that after alla work on HTML version and Wordpress version I am not able to be accepted this, in this case I will have a big loss. Please give me some feedback.

Thank you so much to everyone will read it and help me!

EDIT: I forgot to attach link to demo: http://demo.webbaku.com/wp/tructor/

Your reject reason related to your overall theme quality and design/layout for of all. Adding documentation and premium plugins will not help you. HTML templates is not a wordpress themes where you should have MUCH MORE quality.

Thank you for reply @dedalx, please can you give me some tips about design/layout improvements?

Thank you so much!

Tips does not help here a lot. Check good items quality, inspire, learn and try.

The wp-theme has too big buttons, and has some bugs in opera browser (infinite footer).
You need to work on your theme design

I know that this is’nt a question of simple tips, but I mean, if I had a soft rejection and not a hard rejection maybe is because there are some good parts and some bed parts, I woulde have a little help to understand what are bed parts and how to improve them.

@endopt thank you for feedback.

it’s great theme mr web, it has lot of potential, don’t give up

Tough luck bro. I’d say the header needs some improvements in terms of elements and placements, and typography. Good luck tho it’s a soft rejection and you’ll get approved soon.

Thank you for you feedback guys. I hope that it will accepted soon.

Hi @webbaku ! I wish you could add some details about what you did to get your work approved, since i can see it in your portfolio now.

I’m stuck at the same problem now, I could use some tips from what you did.

Thanks!