Wordpress photography themes - Info & assistance required

wordpress

Hi all,

I am new to Wordpress, Envato and building a website… This will be my first. So all my queries here today (below) are related to finding the most appropriate wordpress, compatable ‘photography theme’ for my requirements. I’m a freelance photographer and I’m currently looking for information & assistance with understanding exactly what the ‘photography themes’ from the themeForrest can - and - can NOT do. I’m also looking for assistance in understanding the Envato photography theme licenses ‘terms & conditions’.

At present I have a preference for these themes (and in this order) Darkroom, Trend, Vega, Icarus. However I am unsure exactly what these themes offfer in terms of details and customization possibilities - hence why I’m posting here now. If anyone can assist me with any of my queries I would be very appreciative.

Questions:

1. What is a photography theme that would allow me to post an audio file directly under any photograph in any photo gallery/page?

2.What is a photography theme that would allow me to post an audio file by itself (without an image attached to it) on any photo gallery page ?

1. Under the terms of Envato’s “regular licence” can I use your theme as a solo, independant, freelance photographer?

2. Is my “end product” my photographs?

3. Can I place external links under my images that link to a 3rd party website ?

4. Can I place external links under my images that link to a 3rd party website that would sell my work on an ‘on demand’ basis?

5. What is a theme that could play an MP4 file? If the ones I like can not play mp4 files, what slideshow file should I be looking for?

6. What is a theme that could automatically play a video on the homepage automatically when someone navigates to my homepage from off my site - And could ‘Darkroom’ theme do this?

7. Does anyone know of a photography theme that could automatically play a slideshow (I would construct the slideshow with 3rd party software and then try to embed it?) on my homepage when someone navigates there ? Can the ‘Darkroom’ or any other photography theme do this - or could I customise a theme to make it do this?

8. Will any of your slideshow makers allow me to create transitions between slides as fast as 13 milliseconds (or faster?) and as slow as 3 seconds?

9. Are the thumbnails in the photography themes created automatically by resizing the original that I upload or do I have to resize the thumbnails myself?

10. Can I set each thumbnail size ?

11. Can I position the theumbnail or is it a fixed crop ?

Thanks in advance.
Yours,
Gzzr.

1. Yes you can use an Envato Website for yourself in this case, but not change the copyright and steal the credits of the designers.
  2. Yes.
  3. Yes
    4)Yes
    5)Almnost everything, there are many plugins that able you to do this.
    6)Almost everything, Tthere are many plugins that able you to do this.
    7)Almost everything, buy Revolution Slider Plugin.
  4. Yes, Revolution Slider or any other free plugin. Just search because I don’t remember names. Use google for this.
  5. It depends by the theme.
  6. Yes from source files or theme options. It depends by the theme.
  7. Yes you can.

Hi Fudeel,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the repeated numbering of 1&2. My mistake.
Do you work for Envato fudeel?
With regards to your response of “…Yes you can use an Envato Website for yourself in this case, but not change the copyright and steal the credits of the designers. …” Am I correct to presume that I can put a copyright on the website that says that I own the copyright to all of my images?

Is there any chance you can assist me with my other questions Fudeel (including the first number 1 and the first number 2?
Here is a more specific, revised and updated version of my original post. If anyone can assist me with these questions I’d really appreciate it.
Many thanks.

1. Under the terms of Envato’s “regular licence” can I use your theme as a solo, independant, freelance photographer?
  2. In the licesne T&C’ for the ‘Darkroom’ and ‘Kinetica’ ‘themes; is my “end product” my photographs on the website that I will build with your template or do your T&C’s refer to the “end product” as being the website that I purchase off you? Are you refering to your product (the website theme - or my product - my photographs ? I need more clarity and a detailed outline of what you mean by “The End Product”.
  3. Can I place external links under my images that link to a 3rd party website or would this be a breach of the licesne T&C’s?
  4. Your licence T&C’s say that I can not seel products “On demand”. Can I place external links under my images that link to a 3rd party website that would sell my work on an “on demand basis” or would this be a breach of the licesne T&C’s ?
  5. What is a photography theme that would allow me to post an audio file directly under any photograph in any photo gallery/page?
  6. What is a photography theme that would allow me to post an audio file by itself (without an image attached to it) on any page, anywhere, including in a photo gallery/album page ?
  7. What is a theme that could play an MP4 file? If the ones I like can not play mp4 files, what slideshow file should I be looking for?
  8. Can you please advise me of a photography theme that would automatically play a slideshow file (that I would construct with 3rd party software) on my homepage when someone navigates to my homepage ? Can the ‘Darkroom’ or ‘Kinetica’ themes do this – or could I customise them to make them do this?
  9. Will the slideshow makers in the ‘Darkroom’ and ‘Kinetica’ themes allow me to create transitions between slides that are as fast as 13 milliseconds (or faster?) and as slow as 3 seconds?
  10. Are the thumbnails in the ‘Darkroom’ and ‘Kinetica’ photography themes created automatically by resizing the original that I upload or do I have to resize the thumbnails myself with these themes?
  11. Can I set the size for ALL thumbnails if I purchase the ‘Darkroom’ or ‘Kinetica’ themes or are the thumbnail sizes unchangeable?
  12. Can I reposition the theumbnail over the photograph or is it a fixed crop with the ‘Darkroom’ and ‘Kinetica’ themes?
  13. If you know of - ANY - wordpress compatable photography themes that will do all the things that I have mention here, can you please advice me of which ones they are?

Relevant links:

Thanks.

Can’t reply to this, I don’t work for Envato.
I hope someone helps you.