Why my item always rejected (For No Reason)

Why my item always being rejected

Hey guys,

My first submission on ThemeForest just got a hard reject and I could use your help to figure out the reasons behind it.

This is demo URL:

https://apollo-nevergiveup.000webhostapp.com/

1 Like

Hi Jeffweide,

I’m a CodeCanyon author, not ThemeForest, so take this with a grain of salt. But I’ll try to give you an honest opinion, meant to help you.

1. I think the overall style is too simple, doesn’t look premium enough. Looks like something I would expect from a Free template for example. The menu for example looks quite poor with that hover effect on the links.

2. Are you following proper coding standards?
    Just from a quick look it seems to me that for example

• you’re not using Prefixes for classes,
  • you are making some basic mistakes like Enqueing jQuery
  • Are you using wp_enqueue_script?? It’s not clear to me
  • You are loading scripts from CDNs rather than locally
  • In scripts.js you are not using STRICT mode
  • scripts.js should not be in the root folder, it should be in a folder like assets/js

There’s a big list of Theme requirements (coding requirements, security requirements, etc.)
See all the lists here:

Go through all the 5-6 links in that article. There are extensive coding requirements for the theme, for PHP, for JavaScript, etc.

1 Like

There are numerous errors with design basics esp. typography, spacing, hierarchy, styling etc. especially with the products bits

The code doesn’t validate

While your’s is HTML not WP it looks like it is ripping https://carolinaspa.95media.co.uk/ in numerous places

1 Like

Hello,
Actually you don’t understand the market Design. Please compare your product with the newest items approved in the marketplace then you itself reject your own item. I hope you will understand the market trends.

I can tell you a simple way to get accept is that your product should beat the newest product approved in the marketplace in terms of design.

Themeforest requires the design not your coding. if you fail in terms of design They will hard reject you. if you fail in the terms of coding they will soft reject you

I hope you will understand the marketplace :+1::+1::+1:

If you find this thread useful please mark this as solution :blush:

Kind Regards
Ahshan