Why is Envato imposing framework use?

Hello,

Just would like to know, why is Envato imposing a framework use?
Why can’t we as developers offer our work without the use of a framework?
If we provide support to the item, and the item performs well, why are our item being rejected if it isn’t produced with a use of a framework?
Is raw PHP deprecated?

Best regards.

@EZCode

I’m not personally aware of any such changes, and if so, then it would be a mistake in my judgement. I prefer using scripts that do not rely on frameworks, and I cannot see how this would be so. But then I haven’t to date uploaded any of my work, so I cannot comment fully on your point.

@123Simples , do you make simple raw PHP programming?
I’m happy to know that we are on the same boat here.
If you’ll check the latest items to be accepted on CodeCanyon scripts category, you’ll see that every single one of them are all based on frameworks. CodeIgniter, Laravel, Yii…
That’s why I don’t understand, because, ok… frameworks are reaaly good, duet to updates and maintenance, but… not every user is familiar with them…

@EZCode

I have worked mainly with Classic ASP and simple PHP - I don’t mind Codeigniter but I have no time for Laravel or Yii products. I look at each and every script and check to see if it works for me, and the way I would expect it to work.
I agree that a lot of the new coding scripts seem to be favouring frameworks, but providing incredible authors like yourself work in a professional manner as you do, then yes I would prefer simple raw PHP programming.

Frameworks are like Wordpress to me - every wordpress theme, plugin constantly needs updating because either Wordpress changes its core, or some awful people find ways to hack into plugins, and poorly coded themes. It’s a dilemma for sure my friend :slight_smile:

But if Envato wants these frameworks to be implemented, why not create a category for them, and leave the developers who use other way of programming maintain their own method?

I don’t know :slight_smile:

Did you get my message?

1 Like

Hello,

Nice to meet you. That’s what I’ve always thought, but I’m not sure it’s a majority opinion among developers. I like to know and master my code.

Let’s not talk about WordPress, where as soon as you want to do something, you have to add a plugin, then another one to make up for the shortcomings of the first.

In PHP, I’ve considered whether Laravel, for example, would be useful, but so far, the answer has been negative. I usually work with a small router, TWIG HTML templates, my own authentication and user rights management system, and PHP Form Builder, which I sell on Codecanyon. It suits me fine. I don’t feel I need a framework.

2 Likes