Why do some AudioJungle authors succeed so quickly?

I think it’s pretty obvious that promotion is what makes people successful. That can come from self-marketing or from being on the top seller list (possibly because of luck, or self-marketing). But you aren’t very likely to be successful if you just upload to the search engine and let it sit there, even if your music is really good. This isn’t rocket science. All businesses work this way. Most businesses that do not advertise will fail. If you are self-marketing and not seeing results, perhaps your music isn’t as useful to others as you might think, or your advertising methods need work.

So, rather than complain about search engines, try marketing your work. And if it works, keep what you did to yourself and don’t share it. I know some people like being friendly and share everything, but if you’re doing this as a business, that’s like Apple taking Microsoft out to lunch and telling Microsoft how to improve it’s marketing and make better products. That’s about as dumb as it gets when it comes to business.

3 Likes

I have been in the AJ community for over a year. I can’t tel you how many times I’ve become extremely frustrated with the feature/success process here. I’ll tell you this. Those that see the success the quickest, work their tail off like it’s their main source of income, and in many cases it is. Most of your successful authors have 100+ tracks, have referred dozens of new users, and consistently contribute to the community (blog posts, author reviews, etc.).

You can upload frequently, but for me, I look at it as a marathon rather than a sprint. My main focus is to contribute my music to producers across the globe, so I may help them produce great content. If your stuff is good, great even, it could take a few years, but you will find success.

Basically what I’m saying is, give to Envato, and it will return the favor, I can promise you that.

1 Like

For God’s sake, how in the world can you promise that?

Unless…

1. Apple and Microsoft agree on how to split up the market between them

2. Apple and Microsoft fall in love and decide to joint venture on a new product

3. Apple secretly keeping the big bananas in their pockets and just giving Microsoft misleading queues :sunglasses:

…and another thing :sunglasses:

AJ is a big market, but it’s not the only one. More importantly, many potential buyers aren’t even aware of micro stock music licences existing. We should focus more on getting people to actually come here in the first place, than fighting it out between us over scraps. And it’s equally important to keep this place full of relevant, high quality music, to deliver the goods to the buyers that may come back time and time again.

So, please share your marketing ideas :sunglasses:

3 Likes
  1. this co-operation leads to a product attracting customers who earlier wasn’t aware of or interested in any of the companies.

Or they are working in different niche. :slight_smile:

I think what they’re getting at is that you’ve just got to keep putting your music out there and if it’s good enough, you’ll succeed. If you spread it out over enough sites and produce enough quality tracks you’ll make money.

OK, I’ve changed my mind. I think one of the best ways to make money in this industry is to stop selling it online and offer it in small bookstores, but with no other advertising, and not your major outlets. I mean trendy little “mom & pop” stores that only exist in small countries with poor radio reception. People who read books love music, you see. So naturally, that’s the best place. They don’t have much radio access, so they can play it in the store. They’re going to love it! Why waste time with the internet, or visual media? Nothing is going to happen. This is why more and more, we see less composers joining the market and less music being licensed around the world. Saturation, smaturation. It’s all the same. So, here’s a little secret. Invest as much of your efforts in composing music for people who like to read in the Canadian Northwest territories, Nepal, and perhaps small islands of the coast of Madagascar. Now go get those airline tickets and you’re off! They like that personal touch when it comes to service. Good Luck!!

These are my ideas and I have decided to share them.

2 Likes

Sounds like fun :sunglasses:

good question. Persistence, skill, musicality and sociability … but that’s just my opinion. Perhaps there is a secret that we mortals do not know 8)

Ah, but Microsoft discovers the rouse.

Two days later, while Apple was attempting to deceive another competitor, Microsoft watched from a balcony overlooking the food court. Microsoft felt jilted and misled as Apple told HP that Microsoft was a fool to have believed the plan for merger and that Apple and HP would soon be together. A tear fell to the ground as Microsoft pulled out its iPhone (adding insult to injury) and called an emergency share holder meeting to plot their revenge.

OK, back on topic. What were we talking about?

I agree, but sometimes it can not last long, because not every track is a long time to be in the top list.

To become featured author is your happy moment! ))

Guys, of course the distribution, consistency, marketing and proper promotion of your music is very important. But still, first and foremost, the most important thing is the content, the quality of the music and its interesting. From this we must begin, I think. And the rest is in the second turn.

There’s only so much marketing you can do though I suppose, to promote music, even if it’s good. You can put it up on every site and join loads of forums.
But in the end the music will get bypassed if it’s not what people want…

conversely there have been many average bands though ‘----------’ that have succeeded through persistence, promotion and airplay… (fill in the blank).
The Police (not an average band by the way) …
“Roxanne” became the band’s debut single for A&M Records. However, despite the praise given by Miles Copeland, the single did not chart upon its initial release (UK).
On re-release in 1979 it reached 12 in the uk charts.
It’s UK moment hadn’t quite arrived - not in vogue?

So… just do everything you can and hope for the best :slight_smile:

Amazing thread. I agree with many of you:

Value AND Marketing.

Not one without the other, they go hand by hand, like in every business out there. This image explains it very well:

There’s one missing though, JUST VALUE. If you only provide good value but you do not care about the marketing side of the business (inside and outside of Audiojungle community) then you’re sure missing an opportunity to be even more successful. Yes, of course you can still reach the “top seller”, “item featured” or any other similar visibility place here, but we’re talking about the better ROI for:

1. Your time
  2. Your money

So, as most contributors said above, don’t focus on what made other authors successful because everyone had their own path. Just focus on LEARNING (as @LumenMedia accurately remarks) and CREATION at the same time and don’t give up:

“All it takes to win in the game of entrepreneurship and wealth is to stay in the game long enough.”

+1 @JohnRosso . I guess a continuous flow of good tracks and good communication about it. The best would be some colaborations with Video Hives authors :wink:

Cheers.

I agree! here besides that it is necessary to work hard, Like to earn additionally, There are a lot more factors influencing successful sales… Quality, Marketing, Ability to feel that now it is actual and that isn’t present any more, To analyze the market… Well and of course GOOD LUCK!

How can I do some promotions? Please tell me some ideas or link where I can read for this! Tnank you guys!