Which license?

Hi, customer asked me this ,and I’m also not sure which license he needs… Can you help me? Thanks :slight_smile:

"Dear WaveToys,

I might be interested in the ‘Indie Rock’ music from you, but this is my first time to buy at AudioJungle. What I’m planning to use the music for is in a long trailer for our kids summer camps. Maybe there’ll be made a short trailer version of the long version, do I have to buy the same music again if I’m going to use it also in the short version trailer? The trailer will be uploaded on YouTube. And is the ‘Music standard license’ the right license for this use? Maybe if there’s enough budget, the trailer could be shown as an short commercial in 1 or 2 movie theathers, is that also included in the ‘Music standard license’?"

Since all license descriptions start with “Use in one end product”, if the buyer plans to use the same music in two separate YouTube videos, then two music standard licenses are needed I guess. Even if one is a short version of the original one.
But why don’t they just contact the Envato support team?

1 Like

Yeah, I think you’re right. What about " Maybe if there’s enough budget, the trailer could be shown as an short commercial in 1 or 2 movie theathers, is that also included in the ‘Music standard license’?" . That will also requier music standard or broadcast license?

Hi there,

Actually, I don’t think there is a need for another license for the short version. The short version would be considered as a variation of the long version, and thus only one license would be required.

As for the trailer potentially being shown in theaters, it would depend on the type of theaters. Though AJ licensing model is not that clear on the subject (and could do with some rewording). The Music Standard license only covers indie films and festivals, for other theatrical release, the Music Broadcast and Film is required. However a commercial (so not an indie film) showing in only a couple theaters kinda falls in a grey area. Which is weird as I’m sure there’s definitely a market there. Best to ask support, (hoping they have a satisfactory answer to give you ;))

2 Likes

@SixideBeats , @PurpleFogSound ,I passed to the buyer what you said, and if he wants to be sure he will contant support. Thanks for help!

Thread can be closed.