VRM box software alternatives

Hi, I heard about VRM box in some of the new threads on this page and I though myself if there is some plug-in alternative?

http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-isone/

15 bucks, bargain. their other plugins are very good too.

I not recommend to rely on such plugins. Only as additional tool for checking mix accuracy. Better to buy open or semi open monitoring headphones. After may many hours of mixing on both monitors and headphones i began to use headphones for initial mixing of my drafts.

Lumens’s right in the fact that we shouldn’t be dependent on such software. I only use my VRM Box late at night, so I can mix and not to disturb the neighbours, in a situation where I don’t have access to studio monitors or when I have to cross reference my mix across different virtual monitor setups.

Also, I’m not so convinced that the fifteen dollar alternative would even come close to Focusrite’s technology, especially in terms of quality and precision, but that’s just my feelings on that.

I don’t recommend speaker-emulation plugins neither.

But I recommend you MagicAB. A/B-ing your mix with pro preference mix and make sure your mix sounds as good as reference.

JohnMcNeill said

But I recommend you MagicAB. A/B-ing your mix with pro preference mix and make sure your mix sounds as good as reference.

For final mixing and mastering, no I wouldn't recommend using them - but putting together a track at 3 in the morning with angry neighbours? Highly recommended.

+1

JohnMcNeill said

Its just for my 4 day visit at my parent’s house where I have only my laptop and headphones. I will do proper mixdown at my studio. Thank you all for the answers.