Videohive Project Rejected!

Hi!

Would you please give me some feedback about real reason for the rejection of my project? This is my first after effects project summitted to videohive so I would like to get more details about the real reason of the rejection.

Reason for rejection:

"The item does not meet our minimum design, animation, and technical requirements. We strive to accept professional quality projects, and unfortunately this submission doesn’t quite meet that criteria.

When reviewing projects, in addition to overall quality of design and execution, we take into consideration the flexibility, usefulness, appeal to a broader audience and broadcast readiness of the file. Unfortunately we don’t feel as though this project meets the standards we have set for these criteria."

This was a Music Event Promo uploaded with three different versions.

Main Version (0:55)
Short Version – (0:30)
Instagram IGTV Version (1080×1920) – (0:30)

I just want to know wether the problem is in the design itself or with the way I summitted the project. I tried to follow all the instructions in the author help forum. The video attached is the preview video I uploaded when I summitted the project.

Preview Video: https://youtu.be/5MDc9sSLIqs

Thanks in advance!

Hi, sorry for the rejection. But these are bound to happen with first projects before you get accustomed to the reality of the marketplace.

In this case the problem is definitely the project. The scenes are too simple. Almost no cool transitions. Text animations all the same and they don’t look spectacular either. As for other elements… there’s not much of them. Just some cubes circling around with camera shake.

And lastly promos is one of the most saturated categories, meaning that to get your project approved it really needs to have a unique idea, great design and an exceptional execution.

There’s no unique idea in this one, design is too simple and execution is about medium to good, but not great. Soo it was rejected.

Take a look at some of the new, best selling promos and you’ll get the idea of what level of complexity and execution you need to meet. Then pair it with some a bit new idea or twist and boom you might just get approved the next time :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for giving some insights about it. I already took a look at the best selling promos before I started working on this but I will try to work on some new unique ideas and I hope I can get my next projects approved. Wish you all the best! :grinning: