Using Unsplash.com photos in our videos?

Hey guys,

It’s been a while since I’ve posted something on videohive and I’d like to make a comeback. I have a cool idea for a template but it can’t be done without manipulating photos from Unsplash. I want to include these photos in the project, so we don’t speak just about previewing purposes.

Reading their licence it seems that they are OK with these kind of situations. But do Envato permit this thing?

This is the license from Unsplash:

"All photos published on Unsplash can be used for free. You can use them for commercial and noncommercial purposes. You do not need to ask permission from or provide credit to the photographer or Unsplash, although it is appreciated when possible.

More precisely, Unsplash grants you an irrevocable, nonexclusive copyright license to download, copy, modify, distribute, perform, and use photos from Unsplash for free, including for commercial purposes, without permission from or attributing the photographer or Unsplash. This license does not include the right to compile photos from Unsplash to replicate a similar or competing service."

Thanks, looking for thoughts :slight_smile:

anyone?

Maybe you should ask Envato Help Team about this case?

Fine for your preview video… pretty sure it’s not allowed in your downloadable files.

Judging by their license, it is allowed. So how do you come to this conclusion?

Here is the Envato Help Center regarding this topic:

2 Likes

hi… thanks for your post. I used photos from Unsplash but never tried making video from that. As long as no issues with copyright i will be trying out… Cheers !!

I know less about video than websites or graphics but envato are strongly discouraging including assets like this in the downloadable versions (regardless of source or license).

As @SpaceStockFootage said - in demos is fine

On a side note while these sites are great, we know of 3 people who have had to take action against them as their images have ended up on there without consent.

Regardless of where images come from it’s always worth sense checking because all the sites also have T&Cs which protect them and pushes responsibility elsewhere

Hi @sUP_Production and @Ahoby.
Did you succeed using images from Unsplash in your videohive projects? or Envato denied use?

Regards,

Rubens Nobre.

Use images from unsplash for preview video , just don’t include them in project zip. I have few approved projects that uses images from unsplash.

1 Like

Hi @santoshw7885.

If the license allows me, why can not I include it in the project? Envato denies it because it is a competitor of Photodune?
Has anyone here ever attempted to submit design including modified parts of Unsplash images ???

Hi, as far as I understand you would like to resell unsplash images within your project. I believe this is not allowed by unsplash licence. Using their images in preview video is alright because you do not sell preview video.

That’s the question I still don’t understand. It’s still open to me.
On the one hand, I understand that including images is not allowed.
But on the other hand, I see a lot of items that include images from third-party sites (for example: metal textures, wood textures, rust textures).
That’s why I’m confused :thinking:
As I understand Unsplash License allowed to use their product for the comercial purposes. But… but… it would be great if someone from Envato team gave accurate information about this question… :face_with_monocle: