Use Multiple themes to build one end product

I need to build a unique theme for a client but the layout and functionality that I want to use is found in multiple themes. Could purchase multiple themes and strip the parts that I need to build the desired end result from the parts? If so do I need a specific license do to so?

1 Like

If you have the skill to pull it off then you can do it of course, no specific license needed, just a regular license for all themes you plan to use.
However, as a WP developer, I can’t really imagine that this will result in anything good, at least code-wise it will most likely be a total mess which will be hell to maintain. It sounds like an awful idea to be completely honest.

1 Like

You’re absolutely correct. It’s a terrible idea. However I’m pretty good at pulling things apart and modifying according to my needs. And for the project that I’m working on its kind of worth it. I have about 80% of the functionality that I want but there are a couple other themes that does a pretty good job with user interactions and rather than write my own from scratch I figure I could modify and use the code provided that its not horribly wired together.