The parent theme is missing - themeforest "transfast"

Please help. I am a new Wordpress user kind of, and I am using Wordpress on GoDaddy. I am setting up a completely new site and have purchased “Transfast” template from ThemeForest.com. I started from complete scratch on Wordpress.

I followed the directions to the tee to install Layerswps. I have done it with and without activating it. Once it is installed, I then followed the directly to upload a new theme (as directed in the documentation. I the go to upload the “transfast” theme and I get the error “The parent theme is missing. Please install the “layerswp” parent theme.” I don’t understand why it won’t show up. I was hoping it was as easy as clicking install!

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Contact with your purchase item author hope they will help you out from your issue.

Thanks!

Hi

If you check the details page you will see they have included Parent Theme Layerswp(2.0.7)

So, I think in your download you will get the parent theme and transfast theme. Please upload /install both theme and then active transfast theme. Hope your issues will be solved.

Thanks

I have contacted the author as suggested. The download tells you to install Layers first and the link is for Layers for Elementor 1.0.2. That is the one I installed and it goes perfectly.

Then I install the transfast.zip

This is the error

And the broken link error

I guess I don’t know what I am doing. This template is awesome looking.

Hi

You are using temp url to install the theme. So for using temp url you have to add the url in wp-config.php in wordpress root:

define('WP_HOME','YOUR-TEMP-URL');
define('WP_SITEURL','YOUR-TEMP-URL');

You can add the above url in wp-config.php at top. Just replace YOUR-TEMP-URL with your original temp url.

Thanks

Oh, ok. Well if that is the issue then I will likely just add my actual site name in godaddy instead of a temp site. I hope this works! Thank you so much.

1 Like

unfortunately I get the same error even when starting a fresh install to my actual domain.

Hi,

in this case you have to contact your purchased theme Author and let them know How to Contact your purchased theme Author, theme author will be happy to assist you.

Thanks