The OAuth Personal Token could not be verified

I am trying to install my theme in wordpress and when I install the Envato Market plugin and use my API key (have tried three different keys) I keep getting the following message.

Blockquote The OAuth Personal Token could not be verified. Please check that the Token has been entered correctly and has the minimum required permissions.

I am wondering whether my servers shared IP is blocked?
The IP is 23.229.227.226

Thanks

Please open a help ticket, they’ll be happy to help you fix this:
https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

same problem except this is for an upgrade of an existing wordpress theme installation - i.e. the auto update wouldn’t work so i created a new token and tried that but am getting the error message:

“The OAuth Personal Token could not be verified. Please check that the Token has been entered correctly and has the minimum required permissions.”

anybody able to shed light on why this happens?

I tried to get more information on this, but the only thing I could find was the Envato team asking people with this issue to open a Help ticket. :slight_smile:

thanks for the reply

already opened a ticket but had no response - i was hoping for a more immediate answer from the forums as our clients website is down …

…doing a google search i can see this is far from an isolated incident and coming up with a permanent solution is something Envato need to prioritise

if you could push tech support i’d appreciate it

Hello :wave:

“The OAuth Personal Token could not be verified. Please check that the Token has been entered correctly and has the minimum required permissions.”

The minimum permissions often relates to the permissions that the plugin/theme/support system you’re attempting to connect to needs in order to process your requests. Best check the author documentation on what they are expecting here and compare that against the permissions found at https://build.envato.com/my-apps/

… coming up with a permanent solution is something Envato need to prioritise

Despite how much we’d like to resolve this across the board, I’m afraid not all API token issues are something that Envato can solve due to the number of moving parts outside of Envato’s control. Take for instance, some hosting providers block outbound connections via PHP’s cuRL functions (which are common functions used to access the API) due to the potential for abuse. Envato isn’t able to rectify this since the hosting isn’t something we manage; it’s something you’ll need to chase up with your provider. This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes issues that could stand between you and the Envato API.

Should you hit API issues or have any questions, I’d recommend opening a support ticket since that is the most reliable and sure fire way to get your questions answered and escalated if needed.

1 Like

Hello everybody,
I had that problem too.

Try to create a new token and not register an app.

(There are two buttons)