The best tutorial on creating WP option panel?

Hi,
what do you think is the best tutorial on creating WP option panel?

Thx for all ideas :slight_smile:

wp option panel, why not simply use option-tree plugin.

Or SMOF, slightly modded options framework.

There’s also the Theme Customizer, which is what all my future themes will be using: how-to-leverage-the-theme-customizer-in-your-own-themes

||+737078|kungfu-themes said-|| wp option panel, why not simply use option-tree plugin.

because I want to create complex option panel. Something like Criesi and GoodLayers have. And SMOF or option-tree plugin don!t have exact layout what I want to creat.

||+737078|kungfu-themes said-|| wp option panel, why not simply use option-tree plugin.

because I want to create complex option panel. Something like Criesi and GoodLayers have. And SMOF or option-tree plugin don!t have exact layout what I want to creat.

In that case maybe the following might be of use.

But basically once you know how the internals work you just need to make sure you save to the correct place in the db, and you have admin css files and the main css file and js file all there and in the right place.

Itachi11 said

Why do you want a complex theme settings page? You have to think to yourself, does a theme really need all that bloat? Don’t just do it for the sake of marketing. I recommend the Theme Customizer (see here and here).

||+737289|kungfu-themes said-|| In that case maybe the following might be of use.

But basically once you know how the internals work you just need to make sure you save to the correct place in the db, and you have admin css files and the main css file and js file all there and in the right place.

I don’t see any sanitation and validation (which is important to have!) in that tutorial. This series of tutorial covers pretty much everything you need to know about the Settings API.

Although it has not been updated for a few months, I can recommend NHP theme-options: https://github.com/leemason/NHP-Theme-Options-Framework

We have been using it for quite a while, and it works perfectly.

itsmattadams

thx for your great reply :slight_smile: I will definatelly look at these tutorials :slight_smile:

Veuse said

Although it has not been updated for a few months, I can recommend NHP theme-options: https://github.com/leemason/NHP-Theme-Options-Framework

We have been using it for quite a while, and it works perfectly.

It looks good thx :slight_smile: